These are the unofficial Fortnite 12.20 Patch Notes! Epic hasn't been compiling detailed notes for every patch like they have done so in the past, so we're putting together a list of everything that changed in the most recent update. We feature bug fix information, changes, and will be posting whatever else has been added to the game. We will add the official patch notes if they are posted.
Patch Release Date & Time
The Fortnite 12.20 Patch has been officially announced to be releasing on March 17th, 2020 at 4 AM ET (0800 UTC)! You can expect a couple of hours of downtime once it has been added to the game.
Check out our Fortnite 12.21 Patch Notes post for the most recent update!
Official 12.20 Patch Notes
These were found in the patch notes in the iOS App Store:
A new way to loot with large icons for interactions and loot pick up. Check out the touch interaction settings to try it!
New Operation: Dropzone LTM
Starting now jump into the Operation: Dropzone LTM, use the new Tech system to unlock perks to use in the Spy Games, and test out all of the new Gadgets.
Helicopter Now Available: CHOPPA
Get in and lift off. Grab up to 4 other squadmates and take on the enemy teams with this new vehicle.
Unofficial 12.20 Patch Notes
Here's where we will be detailing all of the things that have been added to the game that weren't covered by Epic. If you're looking for leaked cosmetics, we will have a full look at them right here.
Loadout Presets Available
You can now name and save a preset that allows you to select a skin, back bling, harvesting tool, glider, and wraps for it! This way you can save an outfit set without having to recreate it over and over again.
New Style for the Highland Warrior Skin
The Highland Warrior skin got a new Helmet style:
Spy Games Challenges
Looks like there's going to be at least three challenges to complete in the new LTM:
Check out the introduction video for the new helicopter:
Here's a better look at what the new helicopter looks like:
The Oil Rig is Leaking on the Map!
If the Slurp pollution wasn't enough, now The Rig is leaking into the water!
New Skin Challenges
It looks like Meowscles is next up on the list, so expect some challenges that require you to lift heavy things!
Fortnite 12.20 Patch Bug Fixes
Here are the expected bug fixes for the 12.20 patch. These were taken from the Trello that display all of the stuff that Epic is working on in terms of bugs.
- The Vault Banner does not show up in players' Locker.
Battle Royale Issues
- At the end of a match, the "Return to Lobby," "Item Shop," and "Report Player" buttons may be unresponsive on controller.
- Player markers are placed on the terrain behind buildings/structures players could be aiming at.
- Players may get stuck inside the Porta Potty they end up in after using a Secret Passage.
- We've seen an increase in reports of buildings and structures appearing low detail or loading in late in v12.10.
- Players on PlayStation 4 may be unable to resume Auto-Sprint when they let go of the control stick after pushing it forward slightly left/right.
- Players may be unable to place a trap if the trap icon hasn't finished loading.
- When placing the Yacht Prefab the rails on the front and back of the Yacht do not align with the rest of the Yacht.
Save the World Issues
- The following Perks may not be properly applying to B.A.S.E: Electrified Floors, BASE MD, Frozen Castle.
- Love lobber's poison cloud causes semi-permanent tick damage when walking into damage cloud after eliminating the beehive lobber.
- Banner gadgets acting as respawn points disappear earlier than intended.
- Retrieve the Data Missions will sometimes be unable to start normally which prevents players from progressing in the mission.