A couple of new items have been added to Fortnite Battle Royale recently, the Small Shield Potion and Boogie Bomb! Here’s a quick rundown of how they work.
Fortnite BR Small Shield Potion
These are having a pretty big impact on the game right now, you’ll find them pretty readily and they can be consumed very quickly. They are generally being kept over bandages. Here’s the breakdown of how they work:
- Grants 25 Shield, to a maximum of 50.
- Drops in stacks of 3 with a stack limit of 10.
- Uncommon rarity.
- Can be found in floor loot, treasure chests, and supply drops.
- Consumed in 2 seconds.
- Cannot be consumed while moving.
Fortnite BR Boogie Bomb
Boogie Bomb is a new and potentially infuriating item that has been added to the game. It’s like a normal grenade but if you are within the blast radius you start dancing. You can not build, fire weapons, or use items while you are dancing. You can hit YOURSELF with it, so be careful when chucking this at close range. You can still move, so you can kind of shimmy your way behind cover if the enemy is far away! It seems that the duration is the same as any typical dance emote.
- Thrown like a normal grenade, but this explosion is dazzling.
- Any players inside the blast radius are forced to dance.
- When boogie dancing, you are prevented from building, firing weapons, or using items.
- Drops in stacks of 1 with a stack limit of 10
- Can be found in treasure chests and supply drops