Our Saviors of Uldum Thief Quest Rogue Deck Guide takes a look at this possible archetype in the new expansion for Hearthstone's Year of the Dragon. Rogue is attempting to make thieving a meta possibility again, but this time they've brought in a new quest to give it a good chance!
Thief Rogue actually had some success in the Rise of Shadows meta, but it didn't last for long and kind of fizzled out towards the end. Well, there's good news if you're a fan of this style of deck, because you can now run the Quest that benefits from cards from another class! If you're able to complete it, you'll get yourself the ability to generate a 3/2 weapon that makes you Immune when attacking. That is a powerful hero power, and will allow you to either smash your opponent repeatedly or easily clean up boards on the cheap!
Thief Quest Rogue Deck List
Credit to Vicious Syndicate for the theorycraft of this deck.
|2x -||2x -|
|2x -||2x -|
|1x -||1x -|
Thief Quest Rogue Mulligan Guide
- - Keep the Quest, it's one of the main reasons we're playing this deck! The faster we're able to complete it, the more likely we're going to be able to win the game.
- - We need those cards from another class, and Pilfer is one of the cards that gets us there.
- - Makes a great turn two play for us, and will get us half way to completing the quest.
- - Better kept with one of the cheap thief cards, but is likely something you should keep.
- - Gives us some early game presence and cycles us a card. It doesn't help us with the quest, so that's really the main reservation behind it.
- - Best kept with Pilfer and when you're on The Coin. That means you can play the Pilfer and then get the full buff on this card for turn two.
General Gameplay Tips
Thequest once completed will give you the hero power, Ancient Blades. It costs 2-mana and reads, "Equip a 3/2 Blade with Immune while attacking."
The main thing we're looking to do is complete the quest as quickly as possible. The faster we get the weapon hero power, the faster we're trading into minions with our face or bashing our opponent. We accomplish this mainly with bothand . The latter being the more powerful of the two, which gets us immediately half way to completing the quest. It also curves perfectly, because our standard turn one play is going to be the Bazaar Burglary.
and are our other ways of getting cards from other classes. If we're one card away from completing the quest, then using on one of these is perfectly acceptable (although, you'd like to save it for Leeroy potentially).
We do have a couple of alternative gameplans in this deck. We're runningwhich could always just win you the game with the right combination of cheap spells and an opponent that can't deal with it. Lackeys are another potential aspect of the deck, we've got a couple of generators, and we're running which could generate us a pretty crazy card.
Ultimately, once we've completed the quest we immediately head into beatdown mode. This is mostly us using our weapon as much as possible to keep the board clear from minions, and then us going to the face with our own cards. We've got some burst from hand in bothand , so be on the lookout for lethal if you've got any kind of board state!
Saviors of Uldum Deck Guides Coverage
- Quest Shaman Deck Guide (Saviors of Uldum)
- Best Control Taunt Warrior Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) – Guide, Mulligans, Tips
- Highlander Reno Mage Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Murloc Paladin Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide – Tip the Scales
- Lackey Zoo Warlock Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Obelisk Quest Priest Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Reborn Quest Paladin Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Secret Highlander Hunter Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Quest Druid Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
Other Card Choices
- - We're going to have a strong weapon, so why not add more damage to it for extra beat down potential?
- - This could be worth playing in the deck, it's a cheap minion that MIGHT get you a card towards your Quest. The problem with this card is that there are a lot of Neutral Reborn minions, and they won't count as another class which doesn't help us.
- - While we aren't running , we're still going to be using weapons quite a bit when our quest has completed. It's possible that Greenskin is worth running for the buff.
- - Can find a spot in most decks, could be worth playing in this one.
- - We run a lot of spells, so it's possible we might need some refill in the late game.
- - A good late game resource generator, however, the deck might end up more aggressive so this card might be too slow.