Kena: Bridge of Spirits is one of PlayStation’s most anticipated releases for the fourth quarter of 2021, and it’s an adventure game filled with inventive bosses. Some of these adversaries will keep Kena on her toes, and the Kappa boss is the first actual test of skill.
The Kappa boss consists of several phases, each with its mechanics and obstacles for players to overcome. The details on the Kappa’s stages are listed below:
- Phase One
- The Kappa will start the fight by chucking corruption at Kena, teleporting between three large puddles spread out around the arena. He’ll move too quickly for Kena to get a solid amount of damage on, so focus on the small minions he spawns instead.
- Take these enemies out to build up energy to summon Rot and stun the Kappa by commanding Kena’s spirit allies to swarm the monster.
- Rush in for physical attacks while the boss is stunned. Continue this strategy until the boss drops below half health. Once the boss’ health drops below 50%, he’ll initiate Phase Two.
- Phase Two
- Kappa will teleport to the top of the cliff in the cave to start Phase Two. He’ll spew corruption outside of Kena’s reach, so just focus on dodging these attacks and preserving health until he teleports back down to the ground.
- Once he’s back on the ground, he’ll spawn stronger minions to fight while he provides supporting fire. Take out the minions for Rot energy and stun him again.
- Smash Kappa with melee attacks once he’s stunned by Rot to take him down. If you're unable to finish him with the first Rot stun, build up more energy fighting his minions and stun him again to finish Kappa off.
For more on Kena: Bridge of Spirits, be sure to stay tuned to Pro Game Guides!