There are many keys to winning your battles in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, including using your environment for extra damage and picking heroes that complement each other well in a given situation. But those heroes’ card decks also need to be put together well if you want to succeed. And once you get past around day 20, one of the best ways to tailor your cards to your needs is via card ability modes. Here we’ll discuss the best card ability mods in Marvel’s Midnight Suns.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best card ability mods by character
To a certain degree, the best card ability mods in Marvel’s Midnight Suns will depend on the way you play and how you like to group your heroes. This is especially true of The Hunter, as you have so many ways to mold them. For the rest of the heroes, you’ll be deciding whether to amplify their main role in your team or whether to make them more of a jack of all trades.
- Blade: Lifesteal. A great ability on its own, let alone when added to another attacking card.
- Captain America: Stat change: plus one Heroism. Adding this to a favorite card is a lovely bonus, making those big heroic attacks easier to use.
- Captain Marvel: Redraw to recover Health (100 percent offense). As Captain Marvel is often targeted, she can do with a free heal.
- Doctor Strange: Draw the last Attack played. Always great, especially if you time it right.
- Ghost Rider: On redraw, recover 50 Health. Great for Ghost Rider, whose stronger abilities often damage himself.
- Iron Man: On KO, gain one Strengthened. Awesome on any offensive card.
- Magik: On redraw, plus one Heroism. Added to an expensive card such as Banish, you’re getting one of the points it needs for free.
- Nico: On KO, draw a card. Great on a card such as Swarm that is likely going to KO an opponent.
- Scarlet Witch: On redraw, gain one Counter. Who doesn’t like free attacks? Especially if this is on Chaos Field, adding some offense on the back of the great defense.
- Spider-Man: Draw a card for each KO. In a Quick deck, this is perfect for restocking your hand to keep the turn going.
- Wolverine: Apply one Weak. Strong on any attack that is likely to hit multiple enemies, such as Lethal Pounce or Midnight Special.
Also note that once you’ve paid to mod a card, those upgrades will be locked to that card if you reroll the mod again later. You will likely get another choice added, but the initial ones you get will be set for that particular card.
Check out more guides here at Pro Game Guides, including Marvel’s Midnight Suns – All Trophies and how to obtain them and Midnight Suns Hangouts – Best Hangouts for all Heroes.