At the very core of Monark is its battle system, where you will spend dozens of hours overall. For many, this system makes or breaks the game, but it doesn't have to be complicated. With the right direction, not dying in Monark can be accomplished without too much wasted time.
Monark Battle Tips
Here are some tips to help you succeed in battle.
- The Protagnist should be protected, if he dies you lose.
- Use the Student Council room to grind. You will never get enought SPIRIT just by playing through the story.
- Constantly upgrade your legion units with new armor.
- Don't poor all your SPIRIT into your legion units. The armor helps to bring their stats up.
- Read every ability before buying it. The moves that help you the most in battle depend on your personal playstyle.
You can find notes scattered around the world that give you numbers for SPIRIT-farming grounds. Calling previous numbers that you used to break ideals during quests can also set you up with a level-appropriate battle.
Related: Should I Buy Monark? – Monark Review
You should focus on leveling up your Protagonist and leading with the other memebers of your party. The Protagonist can be shielded from attacks but still get close enough to deal damage. Monark's battle system is essentially a big game of chess, and the other characters are pawns meant to protect the king.
For more on Monark, including puzzle guides, check back here at Pro Game Guides!