A new content patch has been added to Fortnite this week that brings the new Zapper Trap to the game! The Floating Island with the cube named Kevin has also returned, and can be found floating near Fatal Field! Check out the rest of the notes below.
This electrifying item is not only shocking in its execution but also in its innovation — it creates a trap that attaches to both sides of a surface!
The Floating Island is back, and it brought the Motel with it. Two past locations return at once!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Added the Zapper Trap.
- This item is a thrown consumable and occupies an inventory slot.
- On impact, the thrown object deploys a damaging trap on both sides of a building piece.
- Upon impacting terrain, it automatically builds a wall and then deploys a damaging trap on both sides of the wall.
- The traps shock enemy players who are within a tile of their face.
- Damage: 50
- The traps have a 1-second deploy time before they can be triggered.
- When triggered, the traps have a 0.5-second delay before firing.
- After the traps have fired, they have a cooldown of 2 seconds before they can be triggered again.
- Epic Rarity.
- Found from Floor Loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 2.
- Max stack size: 4.
- Floating Island
- The Floating Island has returned and is slowly making its way around the map!
- Though separated from the land below, it can be accessed via its low-gravity vortex.
- From hotfix on August 27
- Removed the overheat sound from the Minigun.
- This was to address an issue in which the overheat sound would play longer than intended and/or incorrectly represent the overheat value.
- From hotfix on August 28
- Made changes to Turbo Building. The details of these changes can be found in our blog post.
- From server on August 29
- Resolved an issue in which the names of POIs would not appear on the map.
- From server on August 31
- Resolved an issue with the B.R.U.T.E.'s Air Stomp.
Perfect for jailbreak games and more with the new Prison Prefab.
Flush Factory Prefab
They make toilets here. Now you can bring the toilet making business to you.
PREFABS & GALLERIES
- Added 2 New Prefabs
- Flush Factory
- Added 3 New Galleries
- Prison Gallery
- Flush Factory Gallery
- General Props Gallery C
- From patch v10.20.1
- Bug Fixes
- Unmanned vehicles will again trigger damage traps.
- A large shadow no longer appears while in fly mode.
- Resolved an issue in which featured portals would not respect certain settings on certain devices.
- The Music sequencer will play for both the client and server.
- Vehicles will spawn on game start instead of in the warm-up portion.
SAVE THE WORLD
Crackshot Hits the Road, Part II!
This week, help Crackshot make his way to the Radio Station again to broadcast his Song of the Summer. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road with a new weekly quest!
Hot Mix Pistol
Turn the husks into a hot mess with the Hot Mix Pistol! Available in the Weekly Store.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- The Hot Mix Pistol slides into the Weekly Store.
- Fires a pair of Sonic Blasts that pierce enemies. This Hot Mix will really get your feet moving!
- Available in the Weekly Store from Wednesday, September 4 at 8 PM ET, until Wednesday, September 11 at 8 PM ET.