The Truck Overhaul update that dropped on June 10, 2022, introduced three new ghosts to Phasmophobia. The Thaye seems to be particularly cursed, as it continues to age despite being dead. So, before they die again (can a ghost die?), let's take a look at what makes a Thaye tick so you can get in and out during an investigation.
Phasmophobia Thaye Details
They have been known to rapidly age over time, even in the afterlife. From what we've learned, they seem to deteriorate faster while in the presence of the living.
- Ghost Orb: Small floating orbs of light, only visible through a camera.
- Ghost Writing: Some ghosts are able to write inside of books if given the proper tools to do so.
- D.O.T.S. Projector: A laser grid of light that can reveal the silhouette of a ghost.
Thaye Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strength: Upon entering the location, Thaye will become active, defensive, and agile.
- Weakness: Thaye will weaken over time, making them less deadly, slower, and less aggressive.
Tips and tricks to identify a Thaye
- Plant a video camera next to the D.O.T.S. Projector in the suspected room. Assign a person to watch this feed to nail both the Ghost Orb and D.O.T.S. pieces of evidence.
- Don't forget to ask the ghost to write in the book for the Ghost Writing evidence.
- Having multiple people inside the location will drain the Thaye's energy quicker, making it safer to investigate.
For more Phasmophobia goodies, check out How to identify a Deogen in Phasmophobia | All Evidence and Tips on Pro Game Guides.