The Greninja Tera Raid has arrived for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, and players will build their teams to take down this Water-type starter. You can use many Pokémon, including Slowbro or Armarouge, but you should also consider Quagsire for this raid. This may leave you wondering how to make the best Quagsire build for the 7-Star Greninja Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
The Best Quagsire Build for Greninja Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
Quagsire is an odd Pokémon and not one you would typically bring into a Tera Raid. That being said, it excels in the 7-Star Greninja Tera Raid thanks to its type combination, move pool, and fantastic ability. These combined will make Quagsire a nuisance for Greninja, especially if paired with Slowbro. Here is the best Quagsire build for the Greninja Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
- Nature: We recommend Modest as Quagsire's nature. This will increase its Special Attack and allow Earth Power to hit harder. Alternatively, you can use a Calm nature to give Quagsire more Special Defense to tank Ice Beam.
- Ability: You will need the Water Absorb ability as this will not only make Quagsire immune to Water-type attacks but also restore some health. This is crucial for countering Greninja's Hydro Pump.
- Haze: Having Haze in your move pool will let you reset all stat changes. This is helpful if Greninja boosts its stats or lowers you or your partners.
- Earth Power: This is your main offensive move. It will deal super effective damage to Greninja and also has a chance of reducing its Special Defense.
- Acid Spray: Acid Spray will not deal very effective damage to Greninja due to its Poison Tera Type, but you are really using this move for its additional effect. This move will lower Greninja's Special Defense by two stages.
- Recover: You will need to use Recover as Greninja damages you. Recover will restore up to 50 percent of Quagsire's health.
- Effort Values (EV): When determining Quagsire's EVs, we recommend investing 252 into HP and 252 into Special Attack, with the remaining 4 EVs going to Special Defense. This increases Quagsire's bulk and survivability and increases Earth Power's damage.
- Held Item: Make sure to give Quagsire the Leftovers held item. This will give it a passive health regeneration and lessen the number of times you need to use Recover.
- Tera Type: Give Quagsire a Ground Tera Type to boost the power of Earth Power and keep the resistance to Poison-type attacks. Its Water Absorb ability will ensure it remains immune to Water-type attacks, but you must be careful of Ice Beam.
How to use the Best Quagsire Build for Greninja Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
At the start of the Tera Raid, use Haze to remove Greninja's boost to evasion. This will make it easier to hit the Pokémon and allow your team to damage it consistently. Follow up with Acid Spray until Greninja's Defense cannot be lowered anymore. Finally, Terastallize and attack Greninja with Earth Power.
Recover can be used as needed, but hopefully, with Quagsire's bulk and Leftovers you will not need to use this move often. Coordinate with your partners to take advantage of Greninja's lowered Special Defense. If all goes well and Greninja doesn't land a critical hit, you should be able to defeat it relatively easy with this Quagsire build.
For more information on Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, check out All Tera Raid Symbols in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and Best Teams for 7-Star Greninja Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet on Pro Game Guides.