If you're a fan of the Pokémon franchise, then you know that dialogue choices are not a new addition to the series. In most cases, these options are made because of story progression. But, beyond that, they do not matter. This is especially so in the newest game. There are missable and one-time events that cannot be changed and will if you are interested in how the rest of your Pokémon journey will look.
- Name, gender, skin color, and birthday settings
- You are unable to change either of these options after you have selected them at the beginning of the game.
- Starter Pokémon
- You only have the choice of one starter Pokémon at the beginning of your journey. These include Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly.
- Battling / Catching Rare and Legendary Pokémon
- When battling a legendary or rare Pokémon, be careful not to defeat them before capturing them. If you do, you will miss the opportunity to catch and add it to your Pokédex. These Pokémon also include battles with Titan Pokémon.
- Mystery gifts
- Some Pokémon are only available through different events such as Mystery Gifts of other promotional events. These events are not held very often, meaning it is possible to miss the Pokémon being given out.
- Trainers inside gyms
- If you happen to defeat the leader of the gym before battling the other trainers inside, you will forever miss out on that opportunity. You will no longer be able to fight them again.
- Some NPCs will ask you to trade different Pokémon with them in exchange for another Pokémon. This cannot be reversed, so ensure that you are actually interested in the Pokémon being given to you. Random trades via Surprise Trade can also not be reversed since the player you are trading with is randomized.
For more on Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, check out both How to find Spiritomb in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and How to get a Master Ball in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet only on Pro Game Guides.