One of the best parts about any Pokémon game, especially in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, is the ability to trade your Pokémon with your friends. Way back in the day, you used to need what was called a link cable to trade with your friends. This was quite literally a cable that you would connect from one console to another to be able to send Pokémon to your friend's game cartridge. Even though the link cable was an item in Pokémon Legends Arceus used to trade and evolve, it won't be necessary anymore! You'll be able to trade with your friends using two methods in the newest installment of the popular franchise.
How do you trade in pokémon scarlet & violet?
The two ways that you can trade in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet are the following:
- Link Trade
- You can start a Link Trade by opening the main menu and selecting the Poké Portal option.
- If you are trading with a friend offline, continue. If not, press the L button to connect to the internet.
- Here, you can choose the Link Trade option followed by the + button to set up a Link Code.
- Select the option to Begin Searching. When your friends connect with you, they need to input your same unique Link Code to continue.
- Surprise Trade
- You can start a Surprise Trade by opening the main menu and selecting the Poké Portal option.
- You will automatically be connected to the internet at this point if you aren't already.
- You will then be asked to choose which Pokémon you would like to part with.
- A search will then begin for a trade partner. When one has been found, a green check mark will appear at the top right of your screen. You can always cancel the Suprise Trade by returning to the Suprise Trade window.
For more Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, check out Best Nature for Gastly, Haunter, & Gengar in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet and Best Nature for Happiny, Chansey, & Blissey in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet only on Pro Game Guides.