All Star Tower Defense is one of the less beginner-friendly games in the Roblox Universe. This is partly due to the lack of a proper in-game tutorials section. As a beginner, you should concentrate on learning the various characters and the counter methods to tackle different enemies, though this approach my be a bit simplified as you progress and develop your skills.
All Star Tower Defense Beginners Tips and Tricks
- The main objective of the game is to defend your base by using anime-based hero units against invading enemy troops. It is very similar to any other tower defense game on the market.
- The entire game is played in a round-based format. At the beginning of each match/round, you will get $500 in-game. Use the money to buy and place units from your pre-selected lineup. After that, you will earn money each round by clearing waves and securing kills.
- Each character in the game is categorized into Air, Hybrid, Single, Support, and Ground units. Try to make your squad using at least one unit from each type. Also, study the powers and abilities of your various characters.
- To unlock new units in ASTD, you can visit the Gem or Gold Summon in the main play area. You can also obtain new units through trading.
- The game has three different main game modes: Story Mode, Infinite Mode, and PVP Mode. Apart from that, the game also features a Trial Mode and Orb farming special mode.
- Learn and understand the various tactics to counter your enemies. For example, enemy units with the tagline "Powerful" can only be stopped by upgraded units.
- The most vital aspect in ASTD, or any tower defense game, is the positioning of your character. Analyze your enemy, and try to place your units strategically according to it.
- If you have a duo partner, communicate with them. Discuss your strategies and ideology.
- The best place to try your new roster lineup is in Infinite Mode. Take your units, and practice any pre-game strategies.
- Understand the various in-game items like Orbs and how they affect the abilities of certain characters.
- Try to evolve your team roster as you progress through your career. As a beginner, try to make a team with 4-star and 5-star units. Don't keep chasing the fancy six-star units.
- The PVP Mode unlocks at level 15. Do not play PVP Mode until you reach level 50 or 60, as the game does not have a skill-based matchmaking system.
Remember, these insights will give you a headstart in understanding the core gameplay mechanics. But to truly improve your gameplay, you will need to practice and grind the game daily.
For more on Roblox, check out Best Characters in Roblox All Star Tower Defense, Ranked, or How to upgrade Characters quickly in Roblox All Star Tower Defense on Pro Game Guides.