Want to up your building game in The Sims 4? Then try your hand at making a pond! While it seems a bit intimidating, it's really a matter of digging a hole in the ground. You then fill it with water, decorate it, and you're all set.
How to Make a Pond in The Sims 4
Building a pond in The Sims 4 is really quite easy. All you have to do is go to the lot you want to make the pond on, go into Build/Buy mode, and follow these steps:
- Use the Terrain tool (the shovel icon) to lower the ground to the desired shape and depth of your pond.
- Use the Water Fill tool (water drop icon) to fill the area with water to your ideal depth. Use the Water Depth Map option if you have a hard time telling how full it is. It works kind of like a heat map, but with how deep the water is.
- You have your pond technically done now! If you want to add animals, plants, or decor items, you'll use the Outdoor Water Décor tool.
Related: How to make Ambrosia in The Sims 4
How to Decorate a Pond in The Sims 4
Click on the log icon next to Terrain tools. This is where you'll see all decorations for ponds and pools. Use whatever you'd like to make your pond look really great! Here are some tips when decorating a pond:
- If you want more of a natural look, consider using the Move Objects Cheat to move items closer together.
- The bottom icon of the duck is where you can put living creatures in the pond. When in Build/Buy mode, they show up as card placeholders. To see how they look animated, go back into Live Mode.
- Use the top icon with three water droplets to change the appearance of the water. This is especially useful if you want a swamp.
Want to read more about The Sims 4? If so, check out Best Sims 4 Build Challenges on Pro Game Guides.