Among Us is still one of the top games of 2020; the deceitful little murder game is still highly entertaining a plethora of people. However, it seems that more gamers are finding additional ways every day to troll players and have some fun, as what you call yourself has a massive emphasis on how people trust you. To become good at Among Us, confusion is your best ally; wield it well, and it's doubtful you'll get ejected. Even if your crewmates see you venting, confusion and a good lie can even save you from the loneliness of space!
Names are such a powerful thing in Among Us, as there are countless amounts of ideas that you can name yourself to sow confusion and befuddlement in the ranks of your crewmates. Having that perfect name can lead to an imposter winning even though he was found guilty on multiple counts. What you name yourself is truly an essential mechanic to Among Us, so here is a selection of the best name ideas to help you deceive everyone:
- Name yourself a different color than what you are
- Basically, if you are blue in-game, then name yourself yellow. As generally, people focus on the characters' names rather than the actual colors of the avatars themselves. During the emergency meeting, this can cause mass confusion, as well as screw up players' timelines of events.
- Use names that bring forth trust and goodwill
- A simple name can go along way in Among Us, so naming yourself with a keyword that represents good and honesty could potentially save you from the confines of space. Names such as Paladin Joe, Goodwill Gary, or Honest Steve could easily deceive others on your way to victory.
- Call yourself No one
- No one was ejected? This phrase will cause hysterics in those around you, as they'll be questioning why wasn't anyone ejected; we all voted on a name, what is going on! Though this name won't save you, it's just a hilarious prank to pull on those around you.
- Have your title match your skin
- Be a professional, name yourself as Dr. Honest Hayley, while also having your in-game cosmetics as a Doctor. This will ensure trust in your fellow teammates but be warned if you're the only Doctor; it might paint a target on your head.
- Name yourself Who or You Fool
- This one is more for fun, as during the meeting people will say it was Who. Then people will reply with Who? It'll be a never-ending circle of chaos. And giving someone a light insult may make people forget that they saw you venting.
- Name yourself after a friend
- This only works if you are playing with friends. As naming yourself as a friend, people will associate the name as your friend instead of you. Planting the seeds of confusion for your own dastardly deeds!
What other name ideas do you have? As you better have them figured out as in the next Among Us update, anonymous voting may be coming, so watch your back; you can trust no one!