Apex Legends is a unique take on the battle royale genre and features characters with different abilities to choose from. A brand-new Legend with a special set of skills is introduced into the game at the launch of every fresh season. Here’s a guide on how you can unlock Legends in Apex Legends.
You can select from a list of six different Legends without purchasing them. But in order to play with other Legends, you will have to unlock them first. There are two different ways to unlock each Legend in the game:
- Legend Tokens: A new Legend can be unlocked at the cost of 12,000 Legend Tokens. The game will reward you with 600 Legend Tokens every time you level up. This means that you will get enough tokens to claim a new Legend after every 20 levels you progress.
- Apex Coins: This is by far the fastest way to unlock a Legend in Apex Legends. Each Legend costs a sum of 750 Apex Coins that you can purchase from the in-game store.
Although the second method of unlocking a Legend is the quickest way, it does cost you money. But for people who do not want to spend any cash, grinding the game for a while is the only option.
However, there is an effective strategy to level up and progress through the tiers to receive the Legend Tokens as fast as possible. Here’s how you can maximize the XP you receive in every game of Battle Royale:
- Try to survive as long as possible. Players get 3 XP per second they stay alive.
- Each kill will grant you 50 XP, and you also get 1 XP for every 4 damage you deliver. Apart from that, becoming the Kill Leader gives you an additional 50 XP.
- Reviving and respawning teammates will give you 25 and 200 XP, respectively.
- Eliminating the Champion, the players who won the last match, will grant you a hefty 500 XP.
- Finally, getting into a top-five situation will give you 500 XP, and if you manage to win the game, you will receive a staggering 900 XP.
Getting a win every time may not be easy for every player, but surviving throughout the game and engaging enemies is the best way to level up fast in Apex Legends. You can also level up significantly by playing Arenas. There you’ll have to prioritize winning a few rounds—if not the entire match itself—for the best gains.
For more Apex Legends guides, check out Best Characters for Arenas in Apex Legends on Pro Game Guides.