Modern Warfare 2 has a slew of Field Upgrades available for usage. Undoubtedly, deciding which you should be using in a given situation can be daunting. Fortunately for you, we have you covered on that front. Here's a quick guide on Modern Warfare 2's Field Upgrades and how they work.
Field Upgrades and how they work in Modern Warfare 2
To simplify this, we'll break down each Field Upgrade one by one. This way, you can refer to this guide and easily find what you're looking for.
- Tactical Camera - This allows you to throw a remote-controlled camera that marks enemies. It will emit a sound when it spots an enemy if left alone. Best used for point holds where peeking is unsafe.
- Inflatable Decoy - Throws out a balloon-like decoy mine designed to trick enemies into firing toward it instead of you or your teammates. It will activate when enemies get near it, but you can remotely activate it. Best in areas where shoot-outs are common, like chokepoints.
- DDOS - Activate this to emit a widespread EMP that ignores walls, disrupts enemy electronics, and scrambles player HUDs for a moment. Best used to deactivate mines and trophy systems.
- Deployable Cover - Places a metal plate designed to take cover behind and to be mounted upon. Best used where there is little cover, such as in open areas.
- Trophy System - Places an electronic device on the ground that destroys up to three pieces of equipment and projectiles such as grenades and rockets. Best used for point holds where explosives are a constant threat.
- Dead Silence - Activate to make your footstep silence and gain a speed boost. Kills while this is active extend the duration. Best used for flanking heavily fortified positions.
- Munitions Box - Places an ammo crate that restores ammunition for you and your allies. Best used for low-ammo weapons such as rocket launchers, grenade launchers, and other weapon-based explosives.
- Loadout Drop - Calls in an aerial drop that allows you to reselect your loadout in the field. While this doesn't have a real use currently, the upcoming Warzone 2.0 may see it gain one.
- Portable Radar - Places a small electronic device on the ground that pings a sizable radius on the map. Works like a localized UAV. Best used for point-holds to gain intel on enemy approaches.
- Tactical Insertion - Places a glowing baton on the ground that allows you to respawn at its position when you die. Best used in high-value locations and areas where getting to an objective quickly is important.
- Battle Rage - Pops a stim-pack that causes your health to regenerate fast and ignore tactical equipment such as stun grenades. Also causes your tactical sprint to recharge at a constant rate.
- Recon Drone - Throw out a remote-controlled aerial drone with a camera attached that marks enemies whether or not you are in control of it. Best used for gathering intel from above the battlefield.
- Smoke Airdrop - Allows you to call in a massive smokescreen on the area of your chosen map. Best used to obscure dangerous areas on points on the map, allowing for safe advancement through them.
- Suppression Mine - Places a mine on the ground that disorientates enemies within its proximity. When activated, it stays on the field for an extended period. Best used near entrances where enemies are likely to appear.
- Anti-Armor Rounds - Massively boosts bullet penetration, damage to vehicles, and equipment. Best used for destroying high-priority vehicles and killstreaks.
For more guides, tips, and info on Modern Warfare 2, check out our guide on How to fix Screen Flickering in Modern Warfare 2? right here on Pro Game Guides.