The Call of Duty mobile app is a great way to keep track of everything from stats to weapon loadouts in CoD games. But what to do when it's not working? There are several reasons why this can happen, and luckily more than one solution for those issues. Here's how to fix problems with the Call of Duty app so you can continue your first-person shooter action!
How to fix the Call of Duty Companion App issues
The best way to resolve problems with the CoD Companion app is to update it regularly. This way, you'll be sure that all issues from the developer's side are resolved. If the app is still not working correctly, you can always try these steps:
- Restart the CoD app - If you're getting a blank screen, try exiting it, removing it from the active apps list, and opening it again.
- Check your internet connection - Sometimes, it's about something other than the app directly, so try checking your internet quality. Even if you're connected to WiFi, the router may be the source of problems. In that case, restart it or switch to mobile internet.
- Wait a bit - If the app is slow, too many people are likely using it, so the servers are overloaded. The only remedy is to wait for the traffic jam to end.
- Reboot your mobile device - Sometimes is just some freaky device issue that you can quickly resolve with a good old restart.
- Free up space on the device - Call of Duty may need more space to work correctly. The quickest way to get more storage space is to uninstall seldom-used apps, delete cache, and remove large files like videos or pictures.
- Reinstall the app - If nothing else works, try reinstalling the app. It sounds like borderline superstition, but it works more often than not!
If the problem persists, try contacting Call of Duty Companion app support. Remember that the app works on iOS 11 or later devices and Android 5.0 or later. Now that you know how to fix every known issue regarding the CoD app, you can return to unlocking custom loadouts in MW2.
For more information on Call of Duty, check out How to fix Screen Flickering in Modern Warfare 2 on Pro Game Guides.