Call of Duty is one of the biggest franchises on the market, and at least of their games is found in most homes across U.S. and Europe. The most recent installment has millions of people scavenging the shelves of their favorite game store and jumping into the game as soon as they can. With everyone hitting the servers all at once, a lot of error codes are popping up.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Error Codes List (And How to Fix Them)
Seeing error codes in messages is frustrating for any game, but with Black Ops Cold War being so new, we have to give them time to fix them with patches. For the time being, Pro Game Guides has the best solutions for each error code. Here they are!
- Application Stopped Working: This seems to be an error code exclusive to the PC and is usually caused by data failing to be installed properly or getting lost from the installation folder. This isn't necessarily a problem on your end, as sometimes game installers need to be patched to work properly. It's recommended that you first completely close down the game and try again. If that doesn't work, you might need to scan and repair the game folder. If all else fails, re-install the game.
- Controller Disconnecting Bug: This is a problem that happens on your end but is likely an issue that needs to be solved by Activision. At the moment, it is exclusive to Playstation. If it keeps showing up in every match, you can temporarily fix the problem by restarting the system. Beyond that, we have to wait for a patch from Activision.
- Game Disconnecting: This is a server connection issue, and with such a vague explanation, it's impossible to determine the root cause. It can generally be fixed by making sure your internet connection is working properly. If you know it's online and connecting; it is almost certainly a problem on the server side.
- Disconnected From Server: This error is believed to be caused by not connecting to your Battle.net account prior to joining a match. To quickly solve this issue, simply check that your Activision account and Battle.net account are connected properly. If you need to link the accounts, you can do that by selecting link with Battle.net on your Activision.com profile.
- Edward 89 Platinum Cause: We have received one report of this error occurring in Black Ops Cold War. There does not seem to be a fix for this error code at this time of writing.
- Permanently Stuck on Connecting: This issue is solved the same way as the Game Disconnecting issue. If you are certain your internet connection is online and working properly, it is likely a server issue. Unfortunately, this will not be permanently solved until Activision fixes it.
- The Rest: The rest of these common error codes are issues that must be resolved by Activision. If you see one of these pop up, trying contacting Activision directly if rejoining the match doesn't work.
- Nora 43 Good Wolf
- Collar 43 Good Wolf
- Yorker 43 Good Wolf
- Negative 345 Blazing Gator
- 381 Early Gator: This one has been an issue for a lot of players and it seems only Activision is able to fix this. Unfortunately, they're not providing instructions on how to fix it ourselves. Until there is a solid solution, you can contact Activisions' tech support on Reddit by sending a message to u/FoxhoundFPS stating the problem and your username.
Now that you've seen the common error codes and solutions, you've hopefully successfully avoided throwing your controller in frustration. Those things are expensive! If you run into other error codes for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, let us know! We'll update this page with the solution.
Decrypting the errors was easy for Cold War, but we've also got a guide to help you decrypt the Floppy Disk!