While trying to ensure that Hassan is evacuated, players will take to the skies in Modern Warfare 2's Hardpoint mission. The beginning of the mission has players get familiar with their surroundings before throwing waves of enemies that try to retrieve Hassan. There are three weapons that players can use, and eventually the cartel starts to focus the player's aircraft with missiles. This is how to avoid the missile attacks and take out the anti-air troops in Modern Warfare 2.
How to avoid missiles in Hardpoint - Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Guide
In Call of Duty MW2's Hardpoint mission, red text will come over the screen to tell players when they are being targeted by missiles, giving them ample time to react even if they can't see who is aiming at them. Activating the flares will give players time to take down any enemies with RPGs, but there is a cooldown between uses. The controls for it are:
- PC - Q to activate flares.
- Xbox - LB to activate flares.
- PlayStation - L1 to activate flares.
Related: Worst Call of Duty Games of all time
All Anti-Air enemy spawn locations in Hardpoint - MW2 Campaign Guide
A total of four enemies with anti-air missiles will spawn in consistent locations after players have defended Soap and the gang from a wave of enemies and RPGs fired at them. Players will be able to track them down by looking at the trail of smoke left by the missile. If they are kept alive for too long, these missiles can end up firing one after another in between the player's flare cooldown. Taking them down as soon as they come up is necessary to get through the level on harder difficulties, as waiting to be shot at can leave allies vulnerable. This is where each enemy spawns:
- First Anti-Air Enemy - The first enemy spawns at the school after the trucks come in.
- Second Anti-Air Enemy - The second enemy spawns to the South by the Silo. This is to the East of the Soccer Field.
- Third and Fourth Anti-Air Enemy - The last of the RPG-carrying enemies can be found North of the bridge along the dirt road. The first will spawn before the convoy of vehicles come along while the second spawns after players destroy the bridge.
For more Call of Duty guides, check out How to play the Call of Duty Games in Order on Pro Game Guides.