Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is a fast-paced team-based shooter, so having a good ping and less latency is key for ensuring you perform well. However, the game itself can be affected by numerous things that cause ping and latency to negatively impact your gameplay. This may leave you wondering how to improve ping and latency in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
How to fix your ping in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
With any online game, your performance is affected by several factors, including network connection, components, and settings. All these things can affect your latency and ping in-game. Here is how to improve ping in Call of Duty MW2.
- Use a wired connection instead of a wireless one.
- This will ensure that you have a stronger connection that does not fluctuate.
- Upgrade your hardware and peripherals (PC).
- Your hardware could be causing issues with ping. Upgrading to stronger hardware or ensuring drivers are up to date can increase ping.
- Change your in-game settings.
- Your in-game settings can affect gameplay in ways you might not think. Check and experiment with your display and graphical settings to improve ping and latency.
High ping and latency can cause you to miss shots, move in ways you don't want to, and ultimately die. For this reason, you absolutely want to ensure a good connection; otherwise, you will be fighting a losing battle.
For more information on Call of Duty, check out Modern Warfare 2 operator not changing – how to fix and All Warzone vs Warzone 2 differences – What’s new in Warzone 2.0? on Pro Game Guides.