In Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 Reunion, you can be inflicted by a handful of Status Ailments in the heat of battle. Here is what every debuff in the game means, and everything you need to know on how to cure them.
How to cure all Status Ailments in FF7 Crisis Core
The majority of the Status Ailments in Crisis Core can be cured with a Remedy potion, which can be purchased at the Shinra Shop for 200 Gil a bottle. While in battle, use the R2 button to select the item, and then press B to instantly cure your status change. The debuffs are first introduced in a Chapter 1 email titled Status Ailments, which you receive after talking to Kunsel in the SOLDIER Briefing room. Although the Crisis Core tutorial only tells you about five basic Status Ailments, you will eventually have to face off against the game-ending Death ailment as you progress throughout the main story. Below is a list of every Status Ailment in Crisis Core FF 7 and how you can cure them.
- Poison: Gradually drains HP in battle every 4 seconds - can be cured with a Remedy potion. The Champion Belt, Black Belt, Crystal Gloves, Diamond Bracelet, Crystal Bracelet, Star Pendant, and Pearl Necklace accessories block Poison if equipped.
- Silence: Prevents Zack from using Magic - can be cured with a Remedy potion. The Silver Armlet, Gold Armlet, Rune Armlet, Mythril Armlet, Diamond Gloves, Crystal Gloves, Mystile, Aegis Armlet, White Cape, and Pearl Necklace accessories block Silence when equipped.
- Curse: Stops the Digital Mind Wave (DMW) system from spinning. It can be cured with Remedy. The Black Belt, Crystal Bracelet, and Gris-Gris Bag accessories block Curse if equipped.
- Stun: Prevents Zack from attacking in battle temporarily. It can be cured with Remedy. The Aegis Armlet, and Headband accessories block Stun if equipped.
- Stop: Stops the flow of time in battle and prevents Zack from attacking. It can be cured with Remedy. The Sprint Shoes accessory blocks Stop if equipped.
- Death: Causes instant death after the spell has been completed. The Safety Bit, and Super Ribbon accessories block Death if equipped. If you have the Status Ward and Death Materia equipped at the same time, it also prevents instant death.
The easiest method to stop Status Ailments is to stock up on Remedy potions from the Final Fantasy Crisis Core Shops. They can be accessed at any time in the menu, simply press start and select the Shops tab. Some missions will have enemies who only inflict status ailments, so you will want to equip the right accessories to block the specific debuff from ruining your battles.
For more information on Crisis Core, check out How to restore AP in Crisis Core here on Pro Game Guides.