Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 introduces a plethora of changes to many different in-game mechanics as part of a complete game overhaul in CDPR's endeavor to give the game a long-deserved revamp. Naturally, the cyberware (a distinguishing part of the game and my favorite in-game feature) also got a brush-up. In this guide, we will cover all changes that happened to cyberware during the Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update.
Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 All Cyberware differences
There are several crucial changes to how cyberware works in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0. Here is the list of all things that work differently:
- Armor source: Before the 2.0 patch, the primary way to get more armor was by equipping various clothing pieces. You must install one or more dedicated cyberware pieces, like Subdermal armor, to obtain more armor after the patch. This is a perfect choice for any solo build.
- Cyberware Capacity: This feature determines the number of cyberware implants your body can handle. You can still exceed this limitation, which is crucial for netrunner builds.
- Attributes Attunement: Cyberware implants will now be attuned to specific in-game Attributes. A stat bonus will be stronger than the higher a certain Attribute is.
- Upgrading Cyberware: You can now upgrade your cyberware on the ripperdoc purchase screen.
- Cyberware slots: Certain bodyparts can hold more cyberware slots, which you can unlock by acquiring the Licence to Chrome perk.
- New cyberware: Several new kinds of cyberware have been added. We also got additional variants of the already-existing cyberware pieces.
- Additional animation: Your visit to ripperdocs and cyberware installation is now followed by an additional animation of you getting out of the chair. This addition makes the experience a bit more immersive. Depending on your modification, you might experience one of several different kinds of animations, like doing a jump after installing leg cyberware.
- New sidequest: The update has a side quest which introduces the new cyberware system for players who load an older save on the 2.0 update.
Are you looking for more Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 articles to stay updated with the latest changes? Check out What is Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 level cap? and How to change tattoos and cyberware in Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 here on Pro Game Guides!