After months, if not years of speculation, The Knight is finally coming to Dead by Daylight with the Forged in Fog Chapter. While it's not the Warmonger from For Honor like many were expecting, The Knight looks more than capable of slaughtering Survivors like Vittorio Toscano. Here's an overview of what's coming in Chapter 22.
Dead by Daylight Killer - The Knight
The Knight Perks
- Guardia Compagnia
- Special Ability: Guard Summon
- Tap the power button to activate Guard Summon mode. Once activated, move around to create a Patrol Path. While in Guard Summon mode, you can aim at a generator in progress, a downed pallet, or a breakable wall and tap the attack button. This will summon a Guard to complete a break action on the selected object. You can also tap the power button or drain the power gauge completely to end the Guard Summon mode. This will summon a Guard who will follow and patrol the created path. There are three Guards that can be summoned in the same order each time: The Carnifex, who can break or damage objects faster; The Assassin, who moves faster during the Hunt; and The Jailer, who patrols longer and is better at detection.
- Guard Special Ability: The Hunt
- While a Guard is patrolling, he can spot and detect Survivors. If a Survivor is detected, the Guard will move to their location, leave a Standard on the ground, and start hunting the Survivor for a set amount of time. The Survivor can escape a Guard by unhooking another Survivor, grabbing the Standard, or surviving until the Hunt timer ends. If the Survivor is successfully attacked by The Guard or The Knight, The Guard will disappear. When a Guard downs a Survivor, The Knight receives a Killer Instinct notification.
- Special Ability: Guard Summon
- Nowhere to Hide
- Whenever you damage a generator, reveal the aura of all survivors standing within 24 meters of your position for 3/4/5 seconds.
- Hex: Face the Darkness
- When this Hex is inactive and you injure a Survivor, a Dull Totem becomes lit and hexes that Survivor. when the Hex is active, all other Survivors outside of your Terror Radius will have a chance to scream intermittently, revealing their positions and auras for two seconds. Other Survivors also see the aura of the cursed Survivor for 10/10/8 seconds. When the cursed Survivor is downed or returned to full health, the Hex is lifted, and the Hex Totem becomes unlit. Cleansing the Hex Totem deactivates Hex: Face the Darkness permanently.
- Whenever you are stunned by a Survivor, that Survivor suffers from the Exposed status effect for 10/15/20 seconds. Hubris has a cooldown of 20 seconds.
Dead by Daylight Survivor - Vittorio Toscano
Vittorio Toscano Perks
- Potential Energy
- After working on a generator for 10/10/8 uninterrupted seconds, press the second active ability button to activate this perk. When this perk is active, repairing the generator will charge this perk instead of making the generator progress. For each 1.5% of generator repair, the perk will gain one token, up to 20 tokens. While this perk has at least one token and you are working on a generator, you can press the second active ability button to consume all the tokens and instantly make the generator progress by 1% for each token. This perk then deactivates. If you lose a health state while this perk has at least one token, the perk will lose all tokens and deactivate. Missing a skill check will also result in some charges lost.
- Hitting a great Skill Check while repairing a generator reveals the aura of the Killer to you for 4/5/6 seconds.
- Quick Gambit
- When you are chased within 24 meters of any generator, any other Survivor working on that generator receives a 6/7/8% speed boost to the repair action.
When does Forged in the Fog Release?
Chapter 22: Forged in the Fog will be released on November 22, 2022. It entered the PTB on November 1, 2022.
Dead by Daylight Forged in the Fog Trailer
The trailer itself shows off new Survivor Vittorio Toscano making relatively short work of a Hex Totem before being surrounded by The Knight and their entourage. It's short, sweet, and sets the eerie tone of this medieval murderer.
For more Dead by Daylight goodies, check out Dead by Daylight Haunted by Daylight — Release date, new event, archives, and more on Pro Game Guides.