Elden Ring looks amazing on all platforms, but for PC players it truly looks fantastic. That is, however, until you get an error saying that the frame rate isn't suitable for online play. Quite a few players have received this message, so here is how to fix the issue.
If you are wanting to jump into a session with some buddies, the unsuitable frame rate notice is going to be an annoyance, and something that you want to amend as quickly as possible. The most effective way to deal with it currently is to:
- Fully exit out of Elden Ring
- Within Windows 10/11, go to Settings
- In the search bar type Graphics Settings
- Where it says Graphics Performance Preference change it to Desktop App
- The select Browse and navigate to your Elden Ring installation
- Click on the Elden Ring file and select add
- Once added, click on Options
- Set the game to High Performance
You will also want to go into your Steam settings and make sure that the Steam Overlay is turned off, and that your game settings within Steam are also set to High Performance.
This method has been working for a lot of players, and will hopefully do the trick until an official patch is released by FromSoftware.
Looking for more content? Check out How to upgrade the Sacred Flasks in Elden Ring.