No matter how some games are, they can always be better, right? That's why you should know how to install mods for Elden Ring. Just to clarify, the purpose of modding is not cheating, but an improved gaming experience. We all know that, but to avoid any problem with anti-cheat protections, follow our modding installation guide carefully.
How to install Elden Ring mods on a PC
Mods can turn the game upside down and ruin it, but they can also improve it significantly. So, don't hesitate to become part of Elden Ring modding community and enjoy some of the best Elden Ring mods. That said, you'll first have to learn how to install Elden Ring mods on a PC.
- Set Elden Ring to offline mode - Go to System–Network–Launch Setting while in the game and change the setting to Play Offline.
- Disable anti-cheat - Download the anti-cheat disabling tool into your gaming folder. Unzip it and run "toggle_anti_cheat.exe."
- Rerun it when you want to activate anti-cheat again so you can play multiplayer. Never forget this step.
- Create Nexus account - Go to Elden Ring's Nexus mod page and select Register in the upper-right corner.
- Download mods - Use Elden Ring Mod Loader for downloads, or use Vortex, Nexus Mods' in-house file manager.
- You can do it manually
- Extract mods into the game folder - Copy and paste the files from the mod folder into the Elden Ring.exe folder.
- Launch game (while in offline mode) - Every mod extracted there will be loaded when you enter the game.
Don't be upset if some mods don't work; it's part of the modding experience. Be careful with anti-cheat settings, as you don't want to be labeled a cheater. If that happens, you'll be banned from multiplayer.
For more Elden Ring content, check out How to install and use the Photo Mode Mod in Elden Ring right here on Pro Game Guides.