Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has a number of different skills, abilities, and Force powers to unlock and upgrade as you progress through the Dark Souls-like experience. Each time you level up, by earning XP from defeating enemies, you’ll gain a skill point, which you can spend on your skill tree to enhance or unlock a new ability. In this guide, we’re going to list all of the abilities and Force powers you can get in Jedi: Fallen Order so you can plan your character build ahead of time.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order: What Are Skills?
Skills are basically a collection of perks that you can unlock to improve your combat abilities, Force powers, maximum Life and Force, and the amount of Life and Force you gain using restorative powers and items. You can also gain entirely new abilities, mostly centered around combat, by spending your skill points in the skill tree.
To unlock skill points, you need to earn experience by defeating enemies. To this effect, it’s actually worth spending some time farming (as in, repeatedly defeating the same enemies over and over) to unlock all of the new abilities.
How do I Unlock New Skills on the Skill Tree?
It’s worth noting that not all skills are available on the skill tree when you first start playing, as certain skills relate to abilities you won’t have unlocked yet. As the story progresses, you’ll unlock a bunch of new Force powers and traversal abilities that allow you to reach different parts of the map, and the developers keep these concealed from you as to avoid spoilers.
So, to unlock new skills you’ll simply want to progress further into the game. It shouldn’t be too long before you unlock a new ability that you can unlock with those skill points you’ve been building up.
However, if you simply want to unlock a new skill that already exists, here’s how to do it in steps:
- Earn enough experience to gain the number of skill points you need to unlock the skill.
- Meditate at a Save Point – these are dotted around the map and there’s always one located on your ship.
- Select the skill you want to unlock using the left analogue.
- Press and hold X to unlock the skill.
Skill points are non-refundable, though you can always earn more by farming enemies for experience points.
Force Skill Tree
The Force skill tree includes options to improve your maximum Force, upgrades your existing Force powers, and provides numerous different ways to recover Force faster.
- Force Attunement: Cal’s maximum Force is increased - 1 Skill Point
- Mass Push: Holding Push allows Cal to push groups of enemies and stagger large enemies. Uses Force. - 1 Skill Point
- Howling Push: A powerful Push allowing Cal to send groups of enemies flying and knock down large targets. Uses Force. - 2 Skill Points
- Enhanced Force Recovery: Cal regains more Force when he defeats an enemy, and regains some Force when he hits a blocking enemy. - 1 Skill Point
- Empowered Slow: Holding Slow allows Cal to slow his target for a longer duration. Uses Force. - 1 Skill Point
- Burst Slow: Holding Slow allows Cal to slow his target for a longer duration. Uses Force. - 2 Skill Points
- Grasping Pull: Holding Pull allows Cal to pull and hold most enemies. Large enemies can be yanked towards Cal. Uses Force. - 1 Skill Point
- Howling Pull: A powerful Pull that yanks groups of enemies toward Cal. Uses Force. - 2 Skill Points
- Greater Force Attunement: Cal’s maximum Force is increased. - 1 Skill Point
- The Power of Friendship: BD-1’s stim canisters completely refill your Force Meter. - 3 Skill Points
- Ultimate Force Attunement: Cal’s maximum Force is increased. - 2 Skill Points
Lightsaber Skill Tree
The Lightsaber skill tree provides numerous different combat abilities, improves your existing abilities, and improves your lightsaber damage.
- Overhead Slash: Unlocks a powerful strike that is deadly against weaker enemies. Uses Force. - 1 Skill Point
- Dash Strike: Cal dashes forward and attacks his target. Jump while dashing to flip over the target instead. Uses Force. - 1 Skill Point
- Leaping Slash: Cal can perform another powerful attack after an Overhead Slash. Uses Force. - 2 Skill Points
- Whirlwind Throw: Throws the double-bladed lightsaber in an area around Cal. Uses Force. - 2 Skill Points
- Improved Dash: Increases the distance that Cal can travel when using Dash Strike. - 1 Skill Point
- Repulse: An airborne attack that allows Cal to push away nearby enemies when he lands. Uses Force. - 2 Skill Points
- Sprint Strike: Attacking out of a sprint allows Cal to perform a special lightsaber attack. - 1 Skill Point
- Lightsaber Throw: Cal throws his lightsaber forward before pulling it back to him, hitting any enemies along the way. Uses Force. - 3 Skill Points
- Power Throw: Increases the range of Cal’s Lightsaber Throw. - 2 Skill Points
- Evasive Kick: Attacking after a quick evade allows Cal to quickly perform a kick attack. - 1 Skill Point
- Delay Thrust: Waiting longer to press attack after Cal swings his lightsaber allows him to perform a special attack with increased range. - 1 Skill Point
- Delay Combo: Waiting longer to press attack after Cal swings his double-bladed lightsaber allows him to perform a continuous string of high-damage attacks. - 1 Skill Point
- Switch Attack: Cal performs a special attack while switching his lightsaber type. - 1 Skill Point
- Lightsaber Mastery: Increases all lightsaber damage. - 3 Skill Points
Survival Skill Tree
The Survival skill tree increases your maximum Life, improves your evades, blocks, parries, and reflects, and increases the amount of Life you regain when using a stim canister.
- Survival Skills: Cal’s maximum Life is increased. - 1 Skill Point
- Precision Evade: When performing a Precision Evade, Cal briefly slows enemies and recovers a small amount of Force. - 2 Skill Points
- Superior Blocking: Cal’s defenses are improved, allowing him to take less block stamina damage from incoming attacks. - 1 Skill Point
- Agile Deflection: Cal automatically deflects blaster blots while he is sprinting or wall-running. - 1 Skill Point
- Improved Stims: Cal recovers additional Life when using a stim canister from BD-1. - 1 Skill Point
- Enhanced Survival Skills: Cal’s maximum Life is increased. - 1 Skill Point
- Expert Survival Skills: Cal’s maximum Life is increased. - 2 Skill Points
- Personalized Stims: Cal recovers additional Life when using a stim canister from BD-1. - 2 Skill Points