In an open-world survival game like Fallout 76, food can be one of the most important and, unfortunately, hard-to-find resources. Because of this, you have to make do with what you find, which usually means something much less appetizing than Mystery Candy. For example, while gross, Canned Dog Food is a reliable food source for you. However, where can one find such a wasteland delicacy in Fallout 76?
Where to find Canned Dog Food in Fallout 76
There are actually quite a few locations where Canned Dog Food can be found, with some of them being a guarantee and others being a random spawn. you can find the list of locations below:
- Mama Dolce's Food Processing: Along with the chance for Canned Dog Food to spawn randomly in this area, three cans spawn on the back porch of a house next to a White Springs Resort bus, and another spawns next to a doghouse that can be found one yard over from the first.
- Mount Blair Trainyard: On the Eastern edge of the trainyard, there is a green train car with USA printed on it in white lettering. Two cans will spawn on this train car.
- Charleston Landfill: To the Northwest of the landfill itself, there is a railroad intersection with an underpass. A shopping cart will be next to a sleeping bag on this underpass. Dogfood can spawn inside the shopping cart.
- 98 NAR Regional: You can find a cultist effigy north of this location. Near this, there should be a burning barrel. One can spawn on top of this barrel.
- Grafton Dam: South of the dam, you can find a wooden boat. One can spawn inside the boat.
The above locations all list guaranteed locations, but along with the random spawn chance in Mama Dolce's, Canned Dog Food can also spawn randomly at the White Spring Golf Club, at a food court to the Northeast of the Watoga Shopping Plaza, another food court on top of Watoga Estates, and also in the Son of Dane compound's main hall area.
Perks that synergize with Canned Dog Food in Fallout 76
While on the subject of Canned Dog Food, some perks will help you with procurement, as well as bonuses from eating it:
- Can Do!: While this perk doesn't guarantee you'll find Canned Dog Food, it does guarantee an extra canned good when searching for a food container, and that canned good has a chance to be Canned Dog Food.
- Good Doggy: This perk gives Canned Dog Food triple the hunger restoration and causes it to restore more health than Healing Salve early on.
A final note is that the mutation Carnivore also greatly benefits the consumption of Canned Dog Food due to the bonuses one accrues from eating meat.
Looking for more information on Fallout 76? Check out Fallout 76 – Spooky Scorched Locations and Spawn Rates and What is Fallout 76: The Pitt? – Release Date, Platforms, & more from Pro Game Guides!