Fallout 4 is one of the most popular third-person action/survival games. Even years after its release, the game continues to be a rage among the single-player community. It is mainly due to the several playable mods that always bring a new fresh appeal to the old game. There are many ways to install mods for Fallout 4. The best among those is through the official Bethesda mod website. Apart from that, you can also use third-party modding websites like Nexusmod to get mods for PC users.
How to install Fallout 4 Mods through the Bethesda Website?
To install Fallout 4 mods from the Official Bethesda Website, visit the following steps below.
- Open Fallout 4 on your respective platform - PC, Xbox, or PlayStation.
- Once the game boots up, choose mods from the main menu. You will be taken to the official Bethesda mods section.
- Browse the menu or find the mod you need using the search bar.
- After selecting the mod, click on the download button to start downloading the mod of your choice.
- Soon after downloading, you can decide either to enable/disable it from the same menu. You can even delete the mods from the same menu.
- Now, before using the mods, arrange them using the Load Order as mods need to be loaded earlier than others as they may depend on each other.
Remember, these are Bethesda-approved community mods and reliable to a certain extent.
How to install Fallout 4 Mods using Nexusmod?
As mentioned earlier, you can also use-party mods from popular modding sites like Nexusmod. To do this, follow the instruction.
- Open the Nexusmod website and create an account on it.
- After registration, download the Nexusmodmanager application on your PC.
- Confirm the location of your Fallout 4 file directory on the application. Also, make a new folder if you do not want to install the mods in the same directory as your game.
- Minimize the application and start browsing for the mods on the websites.
- After choosing the one, you want to download, click the Mod Manager Download to start downloading on the manager.
- Now, once the mod has been downloaded, press the install option.
- After installation, you can play mod by launching the game.
Remember, these are unofficial third-party mods. So, please install and play it at your own risk.