B.R.U.T.E.s were piloted mechs that were introduced to Fortnite back in Chapter 1, but have been absent for all of Chapter 2 until Season 8. As of patch v18.40, they can now be funded via J.B. Chimpanski's War Effort boxes in an effort to convince Fortnite to bring them back!
B.R.U.T.E. Mech Info
Since Fortnite has boomed in popularity since Chapter 2 started, a significant number of players are completely new to this vehicle and know next to nothing about it. Here is everything we know!
How to Fund
The most important thing that a lot of people want to know is how to fund the B.R.U.T.E. to make sure it is the next thing added to the game. This can be done by going up to one of J.B. Chimpanski's War Effort boxes on the map and contributing 50 Gold Bars to the mech. The following list provides all the locations where you can find one of the War Effort donation boxes.
- Lockie's Lighthouse
- West edge of Stealthy Stronghold
- Northwest corner of Pleasant Park
- Southwest corner of Believer Beach
- North side of Boney Burbs
- Northwest corner of Holly Hedges
- West edge of Sludgy Swamp
- Southeast corner of Craggy Cliffs
- South edge of Corny Crops
- Southeast corner of Lazy Lake
- West side of Misty Meadows
- Catty Corner
- West side of Retail Row
- Southwest side of Dirty Docks
- Northwest corner of Steamy Stacks
Once you have approached one of the War Effort boxes, be sure to contribute the Salvaged B.R.U.T.E. When it reaches 100 percent funding, they will be added to the game!
Gameplay and General Info
The Salvaged B.R.U.T.E. that players can fund is different than the original version that was available in Chapter 1. Here's how:
- Can be entered by two people. One person operates the movement of the mech, and the other person operates the artillery.
- Overshields are no longer available, which means they offer little protection against skilled players.
- They are ideal for combat against waves of Cube Monsters in the Sideways, as they offer plenty of protection against their melee attacks.
That's everything known so far about the B.R.U.T.E.!
Be sure to check out our Fortnite Homepage for all the latest news, guides, and info for all things Fortnite!