We finally have a new update for Fortnite! The last one dropped before Christmas, meaning we've gone pretty much over a month without any additional content for the Battle Royale, but we hope they had a good holiday break! Of course, we've had Operation Snowdown and Spy Within to keep most of us occupied. Now we need more content to keep us fulfilled!
Update Release Date & Time
The Fortnite 15.20 Patch has been officially announced and will be released on Jan. 13 at 3 AM CT (9 am UTC). The update size is 2.11GB.
The downtime for this Fortnite update will start at 3am CT (9am UTC) and will end roughly about 7 AM ET (12:00 UTC) though this may vary depending on how swiftly Epic can upload the patch. In other words, don't wait around for it, even if you're excited to play!
Official 15.20 Patch Notes
Here's where we will be detailing all of the updates and changes that have been added to the game. These are official patch notes that were sent out to content creators from Epic. Thanks, Merl!
If you're looking for leaked skins, we will have a full look at them right here. We'll update them as soon as new ones have been leaked.
The Lever Action Shotgun
Blow 'em away! The new Lever Action Shotgun is no peashooter - one well-aimed blast is enough to drop even the heartiest foe. Available in regular loot drops, pick one up and let us know what you think.
New Exotic: Hop Rock Dualies
Look out below! Get the drop on your opponents with the new Exotic-class weapon, the Hop Rock Dualies. Lay down a few Bars and pick this up to shred through the enemy in dual-wielding, bouncing style.
Speaking of Exotics, their reduced price offer has been extended. Visit key Characters on the Island and trade in your Bars for these unique weapons, or try and collect 'em all in once match!
Something Stirs In The Jungle
The forest is moving... something's out there! The Secret Battle Pass Outfit stalks closer, leaving behind clues in the Stealthy Stronghold about who they are and what they might be planning.
Meanwhile, Agent Jones is bringing in a few big guns with the next pair of Hunters to join in the chaos.
Pre-edit Options: Redux
We've heard your feedback in response to our Pre-Edits Options in 15.10 and have made adjustments to the setting. With 'Disable Pre-Edits' ON all player-built structures will be uneditable until actually placed in the environment, ensuring you get the right piece ever time.
Fortnite 15.20 Patch Bug Fixes
These were taken from the Trello that display all of the stuff that Epic is working on in terms of bugs.
- Sound effect audio delay fixed for consoles.
- Owners of the Flip Reset Lobby Track will be regranted the track with the release of the v15.20 game update.
- Multipoint Edge Glider deforming in midair
- Michonne Outfit visual issues with cape Back Blings.
- Game freezing when going to the Compete tab on PlayStation/Xbox.
- Sand Tunneling Renabled.
- Total Bars appearing as 0 in a match.
- Hypernova Outfit appearing as a different Outfit in the Lobby and in-match.
- Rebooted players may see an already completed Bounty.
Save the World
- Quest progress not instantly updating in the HUD and Quest Log.
- Broken pickaxe animations.
- The exception of the Bash Burner Pickaxe
- Voice chat issues on Android.
- The player loses all movement after jumping through the Zero Point.
The predator is rumored to be the next big bounty hunter coming to Chapter 2 Season 5, and this has now been technically confirmed with leaks of a new Predator Banner and Spray!