Goku, Vegeta, and a few other Dragon Ball characters arrived in Fortnite Chapter 3, Season 3, and PC players are facing several issues after this update. The game keeps crashing, and a pop-up from Epic Games highlights this problem. Countless players fail to get in the game because of this, and Fortnite automatically shuts down when this issue occurs. We have finally managed to get in the game, and here's how PC players can get past this Fortnite crash.
How to fix Fortnite crashing on PC?
PC players face a significant crash issue while opening the game after the Dragon Ball update. The pop-up shown in the image above keeps occurring every time players queue in for a match in Fortnite. The primary reason for this is DirectX 12, and PC players can fix this by following some of the methods mentioned below.
Verify Game Files
- Open Epic Games Launcher and select Fortnite from the Library
- Click the three dots on the bottom part of the Fortnite game image
- Select Manage, and you will find a list of options
- Click on the Verify Files and wait till the process is completed
- Restart Fortnite
Use DirectX 11
- If players are using DirectX 12, then it's recommended to change to DirectX 11
- Open the Epic Games Launcher and select the Settings option on the top right-hand corner
- Scroll down and expand Fortnite
- Click on the Additional Command Line Arguments
- Type d3d11, and then relaunch Fortnite
- In case you want to shift back to DirectX 12, simply uncheck the Additional Command Line Arguments and delete the command typed in before
The aforementioned methods fixed the issue for us, and the games are loading smoothly. You can also check if the graphics card drivers are up to date, run Fortnite as an Administrator, and Adjust compatibility mode to help with this issue. If the issue persists, we recommend contacting Fortnite Technical Support detailing all the problems you are facing.
For more Fortnite goodies, check out Fortnite: Best place to bounce on a Crash Pad, Slurpshroom, & Off-Road tires in a single match on Pro Game Guides.