Wanderer, who's also known by the names Scaramouche, Kunikuzushi, Balladeer, and Kabukimono, is a playable five-star Anemo catalyst user who can be pulled whenever his banner is on rotation. His dynamic playstyle offers a feast for the eyes, from his ability to hover in the air to the glorious view of his foot stepping on enemies (or you). If you're interested in playing this edgy child of eternity and stepchild of wisdom, here are some of our recommendations to help you out.
Genshin Impact Wanderer build guide - Wanderer playstyle
Wanderer is best used as a hyper-carry DPS who focuses on dealing Normal and Charged Attack Damage. As such, you want to prioritize building his first Talent, the Yuuban Meigen, before working on his Elemental Skill and Burst. Wanderer consistently deals Anemo Damage and is able to proc the Swirl Reaction with his abilities. His ideal playstyle would be to activate his Elemental Skill, spam his Normal and Charged Attacks, then use his Elemental Burst whenever it's available.
Best weapons for Wanderer in Genshin Impact
Wanderer needs weapons that can boost his Normal and Charged Attacks, so avoid options that focus on buffing Elemental Skill Damage.
- Tulaytullah's Remembrance (best-in-slot)
- Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds
- Skyward Atlas
- Memory of Dust (shielder in team required)
- The Widsith
- Dodoco Tales
- Blackcliff Agate
- Solar Pearl (must use Normal Attack first, requires Elemental Burst to get buff)
Best Artifacts for Wanderer in Genshin Impact
For a main DPS build, Wanderer requires Attack percent Sands, an Anemo Damage Goblet, and a Crit Rate/Damage Circlet. This build is best executed with the following Artifact sets:
- Desert Pavilion Chronicle (best-in-slot) - buffs Anemo Damage, Normal and Charged Attacks, and Normal Attack Speed.
- Echoes of an Offering - buffs Normal and Charged Attacks but is RNG-dependent.
- Shimenawa's Reminiscence - buffs Normal and Charged Attacks but at the cost of Energy loss, a decent alternative if you have no luck with Desert Pavilion Chronicle.
If you're having trouble rolling good substats, you can alternatively combine 2-piece set bonuses consisting of Anemo Damage (Viridescent Venerer and Desert Pavilion Chronicle) or Attack percent (Shimenawa's Reminiscence and Gladiator's Finale).
Best teammates for Wanderer in Genshin Impact
Being a main DPS unit, Wanderer is best slotted into teams that can buff him. Here are some recommendations to help you build the perfect team.
- Shielder - Wanderer becomes vulnerable while in the flying state and needs a shield for quality of life. Some great options are Zhongli, Diona, and Layla.
- Buffer - you can have Normal Attack buffers like Yun Jin or Bennett, or Anemo shredders like C4 Jean or Faruzan. In fact, Faruzan is Wanderer's best buffer.
- Off-field DPS - they're always helpful to deal extra Damage while Wanderer hogs the field. Some great options are Raiden Shogun, Yae Miko, Xingqiu, Yelan, Kazuha, Bennet, and Xiangling. Since Wanderer's skills can Swirl Elements, he can trigger plenty of Reactions based on the Elements of his teammates.
Check out our guide on Where to farm Desert Pavilion Chronicle & Flower of Paradise Lost Artifacts in Genshin Impact here on Pro Game Guides to begin farming for Wanderer.