Our Saviors of Uldum Murloc Paldin Deck Guide takes a look at the best possible deck list for this newly popular archetype! We feature a look at the best mulligan options, play strategy tips, and a look at some card substitutions for the list.
Murloc Paladin has come in many forms in the past, it was first a combo deck and then it ended up in some midrange shells when the combo pieces went off to Wild. In Saviors of Uldum, we get a bit of an aggressive deck that has a bit of a combo along with it.was not viewed immediately as a good card, but a deck created around bringing the cost down on this card with has already started making some waves in the very early stages of the meta.
Murloc Paladin Deck List
|1x -||2x -|
|2x -||2x -|
|2x -||2x -|
|2x -||2x -|
Murloc Paladin Mulligan Guide
- - One of the most powerful Murlocs, it can single-handedly snowball out of control if you get the right draw and your opponent can't immediately deal with it.
- - Brand new Murloc that fits beautifully in this deck. It represents a card that is going to be hard to get off the board, and that's great for us because we'll want to buff it with our various Murloc synergy.
- - We're hoping to get this early so we can immediately pull a Tip the Scales out of the deck and hopefully convert it to a much cheaper cost. This is the most important mulligan piece, and jumps up our winrate heavily if we get it in our opening hand!
- - You'd want to keep this if you've already got a 1-drop Murloc in your mulligan already.
- - Only should be kept if you have a 1 and 2-drop in your mulligan. Basically, you need the 1, 2, and 3-drop dream hand.
Murloc Paladin General Gameplay Tips
The main thing we're looking to do with this deck is to getand hit a low cost Murloc and then . That will allow us to get a board full of Murlocs very early in the game, and will likely be enough to overrun our opponent. This won't always work out how we want it, because sometimes you'll hit a high cost minion (Chef Nomi) and other times you'll just hit the second Prismatic Lens. However, the deck can also just beat down your opponent with the onslaught of Murlocs.
This deck is pretty straightforward otherwise, play your Murlocs and take easy trades as they come. We're mostly trying to chip away at our opponent so we can blow them out with the Tip the Scales flood.
If you get your opponent in range, you've gotto give you the potential final bit of damage to finish the game. He can also be used as an emergency taunt removal tool to let our potentially buffed Murlocs through.
Why are, , and in the deck?
To first address the Zephrys and Sir Finley cards. We're going to be pulling cards out of our deck with, and that will very likely leave us with almost all singletons in the deck. So, if we can get that to go off early, we'll likely be able to use both of those cards in the later stages of the game. It is possible that you end up pulling out Sir Finley, but that's not a terrible outcome. Zephrys is a ridiculous card, and it can pull us a direct damage card or a board buff to get us lethal.
Chef Nomi is the backup plan that could potentially get us over the hump to win the game. This deck empties really quickly if you use both of the Tip the Scales. If your opponent is able to deal with multiple boards of Murlocs, there's a chance that they won't have the firepower left to deal with a board full of 6/6 Elementals!
You don't need any of these cards for the deck to be successful. There are versions that cut them, so feel free to try it without these!is a common replacement for the Legendaries.
Saviors of Uldum Deck Guides Coverage
- Best Control Taunt Warrior Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) – Guide, Mulligans, Tips
- Highlander Reno Mage Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Lackey Zoo Warlock Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Battlecry Quest Shaman Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Obelisk Quest Priest Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Reborn Quest Paladin Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Secret Highlander Hunter Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Quest Druid Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
- Aggro Warrior Deck List (Saviors of Uldum) Guide
Murloc Paladin Other Card Choices
The main card that could likely be replaced right now is Sir Finley of the Sands. It's a good card, it's just not entirely necessary for the deck to function. Chef Nomi is also not an absolute must in the deck, it gives you a potential late game out, but it has a very low winrate when played, so it's a hail mary at best.
- - You can use Murloc Tidehunter to basically replace any of the Legendaries you might be missing. It's just for filling in a slot, it isn't replicating any ability.
- - Gives us a bit of card draw and helps us locate our Prismatic Lens.