We're taking a look at how-to best pilot Darkest Hour Warlock for the Wild format in the Rise of Shadows expansion meta!
Our Wild Darkest Hour Warlock Deck List Guide will walk you through how to play this powerful new edition to the Wild meta in the Rise of Shadows expansion! We're taking a look at mulligans, play strategy, and which cards have been chosen to fit into the deck. We'll also take a look at some of the combos that make this deck so good at the moment.
Wild has had troubles in the past with certain decks that are too powerful in the format. While it's a bit too early to say, it is kind of looking like this Darkest Hour Warlock or Big Warlock is going to be one of those decks. It can do a lot of crazy things, but one of the craziest is that it can produce an insane board on turn four that is nearly impossible to come back from. If the opponent has taken any damage by that turn four or five, then it's even possible to get a lethal on the same turn with some of the charge minions that are in the deck.
Wild Darkest Hour Warlock Deck List for Rise of Shadows
|1x -||1x -|
|2x -||2x -|
|2x -||1x -|
|2x -||1x -|
Wild Darkest Hour Warlock Mulligan Guide
We're mainly looking for our combo pieces, and if we have those we can just about win a game on turn four if we're lucky. The other cards are largely unimportant, but just make sure to pitch back your big minions, we don't want to see those in our hand at all.
- - You can do the combo over two turns, but having Bloodbloom in your hand enables you to do it one turn sooner. This is more important in faster matchups, and can make a win a lot easier.
- - Best to have this in our opening hand so we can get a a larger board of Imps to trash with our Darkest Hour.
- - This is the key card in the deck, we use this to pull all of our charge and big minions out of our deck to score some massive damage and make our opponent cry.
- - Can be used in place of Rafaam's Scheme. If you have the other two combo pieces, then it might just be worth keeping this so you can get the combo off safely.
Wild Darkest Hour Warlock Play Strategy
Our main combo is using some kind of spell to get a board full of minions, then use, and use our health as mana to cast . We don't always need to hit a full board to do this, if we hit the combo on curve then we'll likely get four minions out of it. These minions will likely be huge, and some of them will have charge and can do a ton of damage. We'll also be pulling out stuff like and who can deal damage and give us some more resources. This combo can be done as early as turn four if you have The Coin, because we'll cast the Scheme, then Coin, Bloodbloom, into the Darkest Hour.
In the early game we're mostly just looking for the combo pieces. If we don't have those, then we're aggressively drawing cards until we can dig them up. We do have some stuff that can sustain us in the meantime.and can clear boards if we're struggling to find the cards we need. We've also got the strong Demon base to back us up, with and able to get us some early game firepower.
We have another big way to cycle for the combo with. You'll obviously want to be careful with this, because if you have one of the pieces of the combo, you might not want to be dumping it back into your deck only for you to lack it in your new hand.
If you already have the combo, you might want to avoid using your hero power for more cards. You really don't want to draw any of your big minions before you get the chance to play the cards and pull them out of the deck.
Hearthstone Deck Guides Coverage
- Saviors of Uldum Bomb Warrior Deck Guide
- Secret Hunter Deck Guide – Counters, Deck Code, Mulligans – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
- Token Druid Deck Guide – Counters, Deck Code, Mulligans – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
- Midrange Hunter Deck List Guide – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
- Resurrect Priest Deck List Guide – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
- Control Warrior Deck List Guide – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
- Secret Paladin Deck List Guide – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
- Khadgar Dragon Mage Deck List Guide – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
- Deathrattle Mech Hunter Deck List Guide – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
- Zoolock Deck List Guide – Rise of Shadows (RoS)
Wild Darkest Hour Warlock Card Choices
- - Good for popping our Voidcaller if we need it, or using on a Voidlord to spread our board out for a larger Darkest Hour.
- - This can help us remove a minion and cycles through the deck. It's also good for setting up a better Defile.
- - One of the main combo pieces for an early game Darkest Hour. We don't absolutely need this, but it makes it a whole lot easier and we can do the whole combo in one turn.
- - Keeps us in the game if our opponent is getting too minion heavy on the board.
- - A really big cycle that can throw a lot of cards we don't want into our hand back into our deck. This is particularly the case with our high cost minions, but you'll need to be careful with this because you can really strikeout if you get an even worse hand than you had.
- - Another way to keep the pressure off of us while we look for the combo.
- - This card is great in our opening hand, and if we're on The Coin and have the combo pieces we need, we can we can do what we need to do on turn four.
- - An alternative to Rafaam's Scheme for slightly more mana.
- - This can be another activator for our Darkest Hour in a pinch, and can remove a minion which is a nice all-in-one package.
- - More of our backup plan when it comes to this deck. We might have to survive into the later stages of the game, and Voidcaller is a great card in a deck with a lot of demons.
- - Great for pulling out of your deck or pulling out from Voidcaller. Just don't use it if you don't have lethal, because we don't want to be discarding our important cards.
- - This can help us stabilize if we haven't found the combo pieces we need.
- - The card that makes the deck possible! It's pretty insane how powerful this combo can be, as early as it can be played in the game.
- - If we pull off the combo at some point, this card can make it difficult for our opponent to cast any AOE or removals to take out our big board.
- - One of the better cards you can pull out, we will sometimes be able to lethal our opponent immediately after playing Darkest Hour with a couple of these.
- - Ragnaros is a great card, and he's even better if we get him on the board for pretty much free.
- - Protects some of our more value based cards, and gets us some resources if our opponent can survive the next turn.
- - This can help us accomplish lethal earlier with the combo if we get a couple of Doomguards who gets the +2/+2 buff. It's also good for protecting us if we got the combo late and we're low on health.
- - Good protection card, and can be used to spread the board for us if we don't have one of our Imp spells.