As the Astral Express kicks off at full speed, you might be eager to start journeying across Jarilo-VI with the best possible characters. While Honkai: Star Rail wasn't built with in-house rerolling support, you certainly can, if you have the patience for it. With that said, here are the best characters to aim for in your rerolling relay.
This guide will only cover five-star Departure Warp characters, as the featured characters in the limited banner rotate every few weeks.
Rerolling Tier List for Honkai Star Rail
Related: Honkai Star Rail Best Healers
All Departure Warp characters in Honkai Star Rail, ranked
We ranked Honkai: Star Rail's Departure Warp characters based on their reroll value. Ultimately, you'll enjoy this game a thousand times more alongside your beloved characters, so don't let these rankings get you down. I was aiming for Himeko even though I didn't feel that she was very useful when I played her in the beta tests—because who can resist the Astral Express' charismatic navigator?
Bronya (Wind, Harmony)
- Bronya has an amazing, time-proof kit that's useful in any game mode. She can dispel a debuff from an ally and allow them to immediately take action. Her Talent also allows her to take more actions, and her Ultimate can further buff the team's DPS. In a game of speed, Bronya will help your team brute force its way through tough battles.
Bailu (Lightning, Abundance)
- Bailu is arguably the best healer in the game, with a kit that can dish out high levels of AoE healing, and is the only character that can revive (E6 required).
- It's important to know that all players get Natasha, an amazing four-star healer, early in the game. Bailu shows her strength in the mid-game, especially from Xianzhou Luofu and beyond.
Gepard (Ice, Preservation)
- Gepard is a reliable, AoE shielder, which is one of the most crucial roles for survivability, especially against higher-end content. He's also capable of reviving himself once in battle after unlocking the Talent "Unyielding Will."
- His shield is locked behind his Ultimate, so March 7th is easier to use in the early game.
Related: Honkai Star Rail Trial of the Equilibrium, Part Two Guide
Welt (Imaginary, Nihility)
- Welt is the only Imaginary DPS character in the game, an Element that becomes extremely useful in Xianzhou Luofu. He can apply debuffs, such as Slow and Imprisonment, to delay enemy actions. In spite of these, his overall performance can feel quite lackluster versus other powerhouses.
Clara (Physical, Destruction)
- Clara plays the role of an offensive tank that counters whenever she's hit. This can be a double-edged sword as Clara tends to be quite squishy in battle, hence needing further support from a shielder or healer. The damage-dealing part of her role is nearly identical to the Physical Trailblazer, who everyone gets for free.
Himeko (Fire, Erudition)
- Himeko specializes in dealing AoE damage and applying Burn to enemies. She isn't a bad character per se but requires more investment than others to perform well, making her non-ideal as a starting five-star.
Yanqing (Ice, The Hunt)
- Yanqing specializes in self-buffing and dealing single-target DPS. He's the only single-target Ice DPS unit, but since this Element doesn't appear too often in the early game, his usage can be situational. Yanqing is extremely strong as a base character but tends to fall off in performance once you start upgrading everyone's Relics.
For more character guides, check out Honkai Star Rail Team Comps – Best teams to use for each Standard Five-Star character here on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Honkai Star Rail Reroll Tier List