The first Horizon Forbidden West DLC, Burning Shores, is out now. This DLC takes Aloy to the burning shores of Los Angeles with a brand-new story. The Burning Shores DLC adds a new trophy list, outfits, weapons, a new max level, and new endgame skills. These new skills are very powerful, and there are multiple for each skill tree. Here are the best new Skills in Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores DLC.
Best new skills to get early in Burning Shores
For each of the six skill trees, two new skills and a new Valor Surge have been added to the DLC. As these skills are at the end of the skills trees, you must purchase all the earlier necessary skills to unlock them. The best new skills are:
- (Hunter) Glide Targeting: Slow down time and quick draw your weapon when aiming during a glide.
- (Warrior) Elemental Spear: Deal elemental damage with your spear by attaching elemental capsules from your Hunter's Kit.
- (Survivor) Shield Drop: Gain the ability to craft and deploy Drop Shields.
Related: Can you leave the Burning Shores in Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores DLC?
All new skills in Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores DLC
- Warrior's Instinct: Increase your awareness of weakened enemies and the duration they are knocked down.
- Elemental Spear: Deal elemental damage with your spear by attaching elemental capsules from your Hunter's Kit.
- (Valor Surge) Warrior's Vigor: Bolster your resolve and deal more damage with your spear and Warrior Bords. Gain health from damage dealt with either weapon type.
- Smoke Bomb Heal: Gradually regain health while inside a Smoke Bomb's cloud.
- Ropecaster Expert: When a machine recovers from the tied-down state, shoot another rope and instantly tie it down again for a short duration. It can be performed once per target.
- (Valor Surge) Trap Mines: Powered by a special mode in your Focus, equip a throwable mine that splits into multiple explosive traps on impact with the environment.
- Glide Targeting: Slow down time and quick draw your weapon when aiming during a glide.
- Machine Grapple Strike: Gain the ability to grapple strike machines.
- (Valor Surge) Hunter's Mark: Powered by a special mode in your Focus, your next several shots with any hunter bow will mark your targets. Marked targets have an increased chance of receiving critical hit damage. Destroy a target's components to cause an explosion that deals extra damage.
- Low Health Stamina: Regain weapon stamina faster when you are in a critical health state (below 25% health).
- Shield Drop: Gain the ability to craft and deploy Drop Shields.
- (Valor Surge) Defy Death: Consume a special potion to deal more damage and gain a second chance while reducing your maximum health to critical health levels. When the Valor Surge ends, regain health up to the critical health thresholds.
Related: Check out Gamepur's Review of Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores DLC
- Sharpshot Expert: Sharpshot Bows are less inaccurate while walking or crouching.
- Stealth Resonator: Silent strikes build up Resonater energy faster and deal more damage when your spear is fully charged.
- (Valor Surge) Berserk Blast: Attach a special module to your spear and immediately trigger a powerful blast that causes all nearby enemies to enter the Berserk state.
Machine Master Skills
- Flying Grapple Launch: Gain the ability to grapple launch from flying mounts.
- Resonator Refill: Overriding a machine instantly energizes your spear for a Resonator Blast.
- (Valor Surge) Override Overdrive: Powered by a special mode in your Focus, all overridden machines emit arcs of electricity to nearby enemies, deal more damage, take damage over time, and explode upon death.
For more information on Horizon Forbidden West, check out All Brimshine Locations in Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores DLC and How to enable Thalassophobia mode in Horizon Forbidden West Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Best new Skills in Horizon Forbidden West Burning Shores DLC