Kerbal Space Program is a space vehicle building simulation game, but with an irreverent tone similar to games like Two Point Campus. The second title in the series, Kerbal Space Program 2, comes with quite a few new features. At the same time, there's plenty for fans of the first entry to love and find similar.
How are Kerbal Space Program & Kerbal Space Program 2 different?
Changes are unusually a positive aspect of game sequels. Kerbal Space Program 2 doesn't appear different in this regard. Here's what you can expect to see in terms of changes with Kerbal Space Program 2:
- Loading times within the new game have decreased majorly, compared to the first game.
- Visual improvements have been made for KSP 2, making for a more crisp and attractive environment.
- The addition of a new Kerbal Space Center is seen in KSP 2.
- Tutorials in KSP 2 are more detailed and have helpful animations.
- You can now live swap to the tracking station in KSP 2.
- KSP 2 has UI improvements across the board, making for an easier navigation experience.
- The ability to choose colors and customizable building parts is now in KSP 2.
Since Kerbal Space Program 2 is in early access, there will certainly be new features added in future updates. For now, the changes between KSP and KSP 2 seem to be structural. For many fans, this bodes well in terms of long-term development. This is because many changes will benefit players at the root of gameplay.
Related: Best Simulation Games on PC
What makes Kerbal Space Program & Kerbal Space Program 2 similar?
One of the critical factors in similarity to keep in mind between Kerbal Space Program and Kerbal Space Program 2 is the primary goal. The second addition to the franchise, KSP 2, still focuses on challenging players to build a series of successful spacecrafts and projectiles. While players definitely want improvements across the game, maintaining the main parts of the first game is essential.
The Kerbol system is still the primary map you work with, making players of the first KSP comfortable with the transition to the new game. Many of the other similarities are in terms of art style, basic mechanics, and setting. As with any franchise, similarities in game tone and play style are generally expected to carry over.
Want to read more about space-related video games? If so, check out Every Mass Effect game, ranked from worst to best on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Differences between Kerbal Space Program 2 & Kerbal Space Program