Every Tuesday in Marvel Snap, a new Featured location appears that will appear much more frequently than other locations and can drastically change the metagame for two days. For example, when Rickety Bridge was released, it caused the meta to shift towards Destroy and counter-Destroy strategies. This week's Featured Location is Plunder Castle, and as with past locations, this one has changed the metagame quite a lot.
What is Plunder Castle in Marvel Snap?
Plunder Castle is a welcome departure from the constant Destroy locations that Marvel Snap has been adding, but it is a limiting location in its own way. Plunder Castle does not allow anything but six Cost cards to be played into it. This means that the best ways to take over the location are to cheat Power into it or by simply betting your six drop is better than theirs.
Related: Best Mystique decks in Marvel Snap
The best cards to play with Plunder Castle in Marvel Snap
- Mister Fantastic - A classic card for spreading Power across every location, Mister Fantastic can easily gain you priority and put pressure on your opponent with his two Power spreading into Plunder Castle.
- Klaw - Assuming Plunder Castle is not the leftmost location, Klaw is even better than Mister Fantastic for putting Power into the castle.
- Squirrel Girl - Though squirrels are far from a powerful option on their own, Squirrel Girl immediately taking Plunder Castle for one Energy can net you early priority and pressure that your opponent must respond to.
- Move cards - One overlooked archetype may be able to carve out a spot in the meta during Plunder Castle's time. Move cards are one of the best methods for getting cards into locations they normally can't. Heimdall will be especially good with Plunder Castle since he can also be played into it naturally, while Vision and Captain Marvel are probably the next best two choices.
- Hela - Though she is random when choosing how to summon discarded cards, Hela's ability to potentially spawn a bunch of cards to the board on the final turn can easily swing the Castle. Also, she can be played there herself.
- Arnim Zola - The master of summoning shenanigans, Arnim can use the classic Black Panther setup to take the Castle with ease, but even without Black Panther, a Red Skull or other five Cost will probably do it as well.
- Electro - This may seem like a silly pick, but Electro allows for you to play two six Cost cards in one game, meaning you can easily take the Castle by playing into it one turn earlier than your opponent.
- White Tiger - Somewhere in between Hela and Squirrel Girl, White Tiger has the potential to spawn a seven Power Spirit Tiger into the Castle, but since her effect is random she can miss. However, when played alongside Wong or Odin she has a much greater chance to take the location.
- Ultron - One of the most flexible picks, Ultron can be played into the Castle or simply fill it with his Drones. Alongside Patriot and other buffing cards, this can be enough to take the Castle while spreading Power out across the rest of the board.
Related: Marvel Snap bundle leak reveals four upcoming bundles
- Doctor Doom - Like Ultron, Doctor Doom can either be played into the location or outside of it. Also like Ultron, Patriot can help Doctor Doom to cheat more Power around the board, though to a lesser extent.
- Orka - One of Marvel Snap's most overlooked cards, Orka could actually shine brightly into the Castle, beating out many other six Cost cards by himself and beating many more with help from other cards.
- The Infinaut - Speaking of cards that beat Orka, and everything else, Infinaut is the strongest card in the game in terms of Power and will easily take the Castle by himself nine times out of 10.
- Leader - Though fresh off of getting a huge rework/nerf, Leader is actually great into the Castle because the Castle almost guarantees that your opponent will play into it Turn Six. This will depend on the situation and deck, of course, but if you can predict your opponent playing into it, that can be the swing you need to win the game.
Want more information on Marvel Snap? Check out Marvel Snap – What are Friendly Battles? New PvP mode explained and The best DeathWave deck in Marvel Snap from Pro Game Guides!
Write A Comment
Marvel Snap – Featured Location Plunder Castle, explained