Whereas you can ride many other animals in Minecraft, Parrots are unique in that you they are the only ones that can ride you by perching themselves on your shoulder. However, this leads to many players wondering how to get them off, or why the parrot is dismounting when the player doesn't want them to. In the list below, we explain the conditions that will cause a parrot to get off your character's shoulder.
- If the player jumps up and doesn't land on a block that is at least half a block higher than the level you were on. This means that if you jump and land on the same block, the parrot will dismount.
- If the player drops from a block and lands at least three-fourths of a block lower than the level you were on. This means that if you walk off from one block and land a full block lower, the parrot will dismount.
- If the player takes any damage.
- If the player's feet are submerged in water.
- If the player starts drowning.
- If the player sleeps on a bed.
- If the player's head is submerged in lava.
As you can see, making a parrot dismount is very simple. If you don't want the parrot to dismount, don't walk down and be sure not to jump!
We're providing coverage of the newest Minecraft update: Caves & Cliffs! If you want to make an extravagant birthday cake, check out our guide on All Candle Colors and How to Get Them.