In Octopath Traveler 2, Throné and Osvald are your resident thieves and can steal/mug items from both monsters and non-playable characters—including rare loot. And if you unlock the Thief or Scholar secondary job class, anyone on your team can take up a life of crime. Here are the best items you can steal from bosses and NPCs in Octopath Traveler 2.
Boss stealing guide & best items to steal
While you'd think bosses would have the best items to steal from in Octopath Traveler 2, that sadly isn't the case. In fact, bosses—like the Devourer of Dreams—usually only carry a healing item instead of equipment or an accessory. However, it's often a good healing item, such as a Revitalizing Jam or an Olive of Life which can be hard to come across.
Instead of stealing items from bosses, you're better off using a Merchant's Collect skill to take money from them, as they usually hold onto a large sum of leaves.
Best items to steal/mug from NPCs in Octopath Traveler 2
When it comes to stealing, non-playable characters are your best friends, as they're often holding onto rare gear and accessories. Some even have Nuts that increase your stats and expensive items that you can sell to make a quick profit.
Make sure you save before attempting to steal an item just in case it fails, as it costs a lot of money to restore your reputation at a Tavern.
Here are the best items to steal from NPCs in Octopath Traveler 2, including weapons, equipment, and accessories:
- Sanctum Sword - Sanctum Knight, Stormhail Sacred Guard Headquarters
- Hero's Axe - Judge, Timberain
- Exorcising Bow - Elderly Soldier, Timberain Castle
- Diamond Dagger - Merchant, Merry Hills
- Platinum Helm - Young Man, Merry Hills
- Platinum Shield - Sanctum Knight, Stormhail Sacred Guard Headquarters
- Quick Cloak - Sanctum Knight, Stormhail Sacred Guard Headquarters
- Octopuff Pot - Fisherman, Conning Creek
- Empowering Necklace - Judge, Timberain
- Hand-Sewn Gloves - Girl, Stormhail
- Magic Nut (L) - Poet, Merry Hills
- Invigorating Nut (L) - Boy, Timberain
- Critical Nut (L) - Elderly Man, Timberain
- Tough Nut (L) - Alpione, Gravell
- Olive of Life (L) - Actor, Merry Hills
For more information on Octopath Traveler 2, check out How to defeat the Foreign Assassin in Octopath Traveler 2 on Pro Game Guides.
Write A Comment
Best items you can steal from bosses & NPCs in Octopath Traveler 2