Phasmophobia Halloween event 2023 brings a lot of new things for ghost hunters, ranging from a new cauldron to a reworked lobby. In this guide, I will tell you about all the changes and fixes this update brings along with the secret Halloween recipe.
All Halloween event secrets in Phasmophobia
This year's Halloween event brings out a cauldron where you can complete a recipe to get the secret Halloween trophy and badge. To do that, you have to find nine pumpkins scattered across different maps in the game. After that, you have to get the ingredients listed on these pumpkins and put them in the cauldron to create your recipe and get the rewards.
All Changes and Fixes from the Phasmophobia Halloween Update
There are many changes in Phasmophobia that will make the game feel much better and more aligned with the Halloween event. Additionally, Kinetic Games have fixed many of the known bugs and changed how certain things work.
- Several icons have been replaced across the main menu and contract selection screens
- You can no longer light objects using 'Interact' (default: Mouse 1)
- To help with performance in the truck, the CCTV monitor will now only turn on when you are standing nearby, and it will now display a screensaver when disabled
- The Monkey Paw now has the correct textures again
- You can now take a photo of the haunted mirror on Ridgeview, whilst it is on the wall
- In Training, you can now open/close the truck doors in VR
- Several fingerprints are no longer visible when you don’t have UV evidence
- Crucifix T2 should now consistently give both “interaction” and “burned crucifix” photos.
- The haunted mirror will no longer get detected on the parabolic microphone or sound sensors if not being held or used
- The Camp Woodwind entrance gate will no longer say “Maple Lodge campsite”
- Video cam no longer breaks if swapped into inventory when CCTV is on the last camera
- Lighters can no longer light some candles, firelights and the campfire when not lit
- Summoning circle photos will no longer take priority over other photos as often.
- If you die in foggy weather, future games in foggy weather now show the fog correctly
- Many performance improvements, especially in multiplayer and in the truck
- Placing equipment on the wall in some areas of Sunny Meadows will no longer teleport the equipment back to the truck.
- Bone photos will now work more reliably
- Firelight T2 now correctly lasts 5 minutes instead of 3 minutes.
For more Phasmophobia guides, check out All Easter Eggs in Sunny Meadows in Phasmophobia on Pro Game Guides.