Console and game errors are always a huge drag for gamers, especially during launch week of a huge game like Hogwarts Legacy. Many players are wondering whether or not the game's servers are down due to the issues they have been experiencing. One such issue is the PSN error WS-116521-6, an error code many players have been experiencing that keeps them from playing the game. Below you'll find an explanation of this code as well as some potential ways to fix it.
Why do I have PSN error WS-116521-6 on Hogwarts legacy?
According to PlayStation Support, this particular error code corresponds to a service currently under maintenance. This normally implies that a server or game is down for maintenance or updates, but with Hogwarts Legacy out and running perfectly fine for many players, this cannot be the case. Instead, the problem seems to be with players' internet connection. The solutions that PlayStation suggests are as follows:
- Reset your internet connection settings on your PS5 and test your internet connection on the console.
- Turn your router and modem off for five or more minutes before turning them back on and trying the game again.
- PlayStation Support suggests another problem may be a congestion issue, implying that too many players are overloading the service's capacity. In this case, they, unfortunately, suggest that players try getting in again later. Checking the PlayStation server status is also a good idea.
These are all great options to try, but two others are worth mentioning, as they have worked for some players for whom the above tips did not work:
- Turn your PS5 off and back on again.
- Restore your licenses. Follow the steps below to perform this action:
- Select the Settings gear at the top right of the PS5 home menu.
- Select Users and Accounts.
- Select Other.
- Select Restore.
The first option may seem like a silly no-brainer, but turning devices off and back on can sometimes solve problems with the device or the games within. As for the license restoration, it has strangely solved the error for some players, so it is definitely worth a try if you are having trouble.
Looking for more information on Hogwarts Legacy? Check out Is it better to play Hogwarts Legacy on PC or PS5? and Hogwarts Legacy PC Performance Issues – How To Fix from Pro Game Guides!