Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are the first open world Pokémon titles, and thus offer a variety of Pokémon to find and catch. Some of these are version exclusives. However, there are trade codes you can use to easily get the opposite exclusives. This may leave you wondering how to use trade codes and what the best trade codes are in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
Best Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Trade Codes (by Austin John Plays)
Below you can find the most popular trade codes in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. These are used to get the version exclusives for both Scarlet and Violet, as well as other Pokémon. A notable one is the Ditto trade, which will get a foreign Ditto, allowing you to use the Masuda method to breed shiny Pokémon. Here are the best trade codes to use in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
- Ditto for Ditto: 4448 - 4448
- Koraidon for Miraidon: 0399 - 0400
- Sprigatito for Fuecoco: 0001 - 0004
- Sprigatito for Quaxly: 0001 - 0007
- Fuecoco for Quaxly: 0004 - 0007
- Armarouge for Ceruledge: 0166 - 0167
- Pokémon holding Auspicious Armor for Pokémon holding Malicious Armor: 0166 - 0167
- Stonjourner for Eiscue: 0319 - 0320
- Oranguru for Passimian: 0313 - 0314
- Paldean Fire Tauros for Paldean Water Tauros: 0223 - 0223
- Stunky for Gulpin: 0227 - 0140
- Skuntank for Swalot: 0227 - 0140
- Drifloon for Misdreaus: 0143 - 0114
- Drifblim for Mismagius: 0143 - 0114
- Skrelp for Clauncher: 0337 - 0339
- Dragalge for Clawitzer: 0337 - 0339
- Larvitar for Bagon: 0316 - 0276
- Pupitar for Shelgon: 0316 - 0276
- Tyranitar for Salamence: 0316 - 0276
- Deino for Dreepy: 0370 - 0305
- Zweilous for Drakloak: 0370 - 0305
- Hydreigon for Dragapult: 0370 - 0305
- Great Tusk for Iron Treads: 0376 - 0382
- Roaring Moon for Iron Valiant: 0397 - 0400
- Slither Wing for Iron Moth: 0380 - 0386
- Brute Bonnet for Iron Hands: 0378 - 0384
- Scream for Iron Bundle: 0377 - 0383
- Flutter Mane for Iron Jugulis: 0379 - 0385
- Sandy Shocks for Iron Valiant: 0381 - 0387
How to use Trade Codes in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
To use trade codes in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, you must go to the Poké Portal. You will need to be connected to the internet to use this feature. With any trade, make sure you are trading the correct Pokémon, and your trading partner is offering the correct Pokémon before accepting the trade. Here is how to use trade codes to trade in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
- Press X to open the Main Menu.
- Press L to connect to the internet.
- Select Poké Portal.
- Choose Link Trade.
- Select Set Link Code and enter a code.
- Click on Begin Searching.
What do Trade Codes in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet?
Trade Codes can be used with your friends to set up trades, or you can use specific trade codes to trade with a random player. Using the codes above will put you into specific trades and allow you to complete your Pokédex by collecting exclusives. Additionally, trading for a Ditto that is another language will increase your odds of breeding shiny Pokémon.
Trade Codes are an excellent way to get Pokémon that cannot be captured in your version, especially the Paradox Pokémon. We have used these above with success and have confirmed that they work. Keep in mind that some players may not know these codes and simply enter random numbers. This can lead to some trades having the incorrect Pokémon.
How to get more Trade Codes for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, explained
These are the current trade codes for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, submitted and suggested by Austin John Plays. The Youtuber has posted a video and uploaded the codes to Twitter as well and explained how each trade code works. However, there are not trade codes for every Pokémon.
But if you are looking for a Pokémon trade that is not listed above, there is a forum on Reddit where you can make specific requests called PokémonTrades. If you choose to use this site, make sure you read the rules and be cautious when trading. All trades are made at your own risk, so verify that the correct Pokémon is being traded before accepting any trade.
If new trade codes Pokémon are created and agreed on for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, we will update this list with the new codes. You can follow Austin John Plays on Twitter and YouTube as well to stay on top of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet trade codes.
Why aren't my Trade Codes working in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet?
There are a couple of reasons why your trade codes are not working in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. The most common will be that your internet is acting up, so check your connection and ensure you have a strong internet connection. If you disconnect during a trade, it can cause issues.
Alternatively, you may have entered the code wrong and thus be trading a Pokémon that is not requested through that trade code. This will likely cause the player you are trading with to cancel the trade. Ensure you have entered the code correctly and are offering the correct Pokémon.
Occasionally, players may choose not to trade for other reasons or may accidentally click the cancel button. Other players may also enter the codes incorrectly, so do not trade your Pokémon if they are not offering the requested Pokémon. You can cancel the trade and simply start another trade.
Sometimes you may need to do the trade a few times, as some trade codes are interchangeable, such as evolutions. This is also true for the Ditto trade code, as sometimes the player you are trading with will have the same language and thus not want to trade for your Ditto.
For more information on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, check out When should you evolve Charcadet into Ceruledge/Armarouge in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet? and Pokémon Scarlet & Violet – Who is better Koraidon or Miraidon? Can you get both? on Pro Game Guides.