The Fairy Crew of Team Star is the fourth recommended stop for the Starfall Street storyline in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. There is one battle, followed by the wave of 30 Pokémon, before taking on Ortega's team. It is recommended to have a team of Pokémon leveled up to at least 51 and have a Pokémon with high Defense. This is everything players need to know about defeating the Fairy Crew in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet.
How to defeat Team Star Fairy Crew in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
When first approaching the Fairy Crew base in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, players will be battling Harrington with a level 48 Morgrem and level 49 Hattrem. It is recommended to have already done the Dark, Fire, and Poison Crew battles before reaching this point in the game. Neither Pokémon hit very hard because they aren't fully evolved, but Morgrem can boost its Special Attack quite high with Nasty Plot if it isn't taken out quickly enough.
After this battle, the wave of 30 Pokémon must be defeated. Many of the Fairy Types have an additional Typing to them that will be important to know when bringing a team of three Pokémon to fight. They are:
- Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff - Normal/Fairy weak to Poison and Steel.
- Kirlia and Gardevoir - Psychic/Fairy weak to Ghost, Poison, and Steel.
- Mimikyu - Ghost/Fairy weak to Ghost and Steel.
- Marill and Azumarill - Water/Fairy weak to Grass, Electric, and Poison.
- Morgrem and Grimmsnarl - Dark/Fairy weak to Poison, Steel, and Fairy.
- Florges - Pure Fairy weak to Poison and Steel.
- Tinkatink and Tinkatuff - Fairy/Steel weak to Ground and Fire.
How to beat Ortega (Team Star Fairy Boss) in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
Ortega will have four Pokémon that all have Physical Moves. If players have a strong Steel Type with high Defense, this fight will be easy for them as this team can hardly do much damage to it. The first three Pokémon will all be able to lower the player Pokémon's Attack Stat, making a Bisharp with the Defiant Ability the best candidate for dealing with them. This is Ortega's team:
- Level 50 Azumarill - Water/Fairy, weak to Grass, Electric, and Poison with Aqua Tail, Play Rough, Charm, and Bounce.
- Level 50 Wigglytuff - Normal/Fairy, weak to Steel and Poison with Body Slam, Play Rough, Gyro Ball, and Charm.
- Level 51 Dachsbun - Pure Fairy, weak to Steel and Poison with Crunch, Play Rough, Mud-Slap, and Baby-Doll Eyes.
- Revavroom Ruchbah - Pure Fairy, weak to Steel and Poison with Magical Torque.
Azumarill's Ability, Huge Power, doubles its Attack Stat, making it hit very hard. It doesn't have much speed, so using a fast and powerful Grass or Electric Type can make short work of it while holding either a Magnet or Miracle Seed. Wigglytuff hardly poses a threat, but Male Physically attacking Pokémon have a chance of becoming infatuated due to its Ability Cute Charm.
Dachsbun has high Defense but can be taken out easily with a Special Attacking move. It won't deal much damage, but once it faints, the Ruchbah Starmobile will be sent out. Unlike a normal Revavroom, it will be pure Fairy Type with a Physical signature move that has the chance to confuse the target. Any Fire, Poison, or Steel Type Pokémon will be able to resist its attacks and take it down without much trouble.
After defeating Ortega, players should move on to the Fighting Crew. For help with this, check out How to beat Fighting Team Star Eri in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet on Pro Game Guides.