Rika, the first of the Elite Four in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, uses Ground Type Pokémon. Her highest level Pokémon is 58, but for the rest of the Elite Four, it's recommended to get Pokémon up to level 62 to go all the way. Every Elite Four member has a full team of six and will get stronger with each member. This is everything players need to know about Rika of the Elite Four in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet.
How to beat Elite Four Rika in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
Pokémon Scarlet & Violet's Rika, the first of the Elite Four, uses Ground Type Pokémon and greatly covers their weaknesses. Players that have already beaten the Dragon Titan should also finish up the remaining Team Star Bases before moving on to this part of the game. Rika's team consists of:
- Level 57 Whiscash - Water/Ground Type, weak to Grass with Muddy Water, Earth Power, Future Sight, and Blizzard.
- Level 57 Camerupt - Fire/Ground Type, weak to Ground and Water with Fire Blast, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, and Yawn.
- Level 57 Donphan - Pure Ground Type, weak to Grass and Water with Earthquake, Stone Edge, Poison Jab, and Iron Head.
- Level 57 Dugtrio - Pure Ground Type, weak to Grass and Water with Earthquake, Rock Slide, Sucker Punch, and Sandstorm.
- Level 58 Clodsire - Poison/Ground with Ground Tera Type, weak to Grass and Water after Terasatallizing with Earthquake, Toxic, Liquidation, and Protect.
A combination of both Water and Grass Type moves are required for Rika's fight due to the Pokémon Types she has. Whiscash only has one weakness, that being a four times weakness to Grass Type moves, but is the easy to bring down with them. Camerupt is four times weak to Water Type moves and is slower than Whiscash, making it even easier to take down.
Donphan will always survive on one HP due to its Ability, Sturdy. Dugtrio will be very fast and hit hard, but is very frail and can be taken out with a higher Priority Move than Sucker Punch from a strong enough Pokémon. Finally, Clodsire will be immune to Water Type moves because of its Ability, Water Absorb. Using a Grass Type move will be the most effective way of taking it out since it becomes a Pure Ground Type once it Terastallizes.
For help with the next Elite Four member, check out How to defeat Poppy of the Elite Four in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet on Pro Game Guides.