Pokémon Go has introduced a brand new task list with the changing Season (both in and out of the game)! As we quickly approach the new climate, we are presented with new opportunities for Pokémon to master and research to complete for Professor Willow. With this guide, we're going to cover all the tasks in the Season of Legends Special Research list.
All Tasks for Season of Legends Special Research in Pokémon Go
Special Research tasks in Pokémon go are a particular set of tasks for you to complete to progress through a Season or Event storyline. What sets them apart from Daily Research tasks or Field Research tasks is that these tasks provide special rewards that follow the questline theme. Let's go over the Season of Legends task list!
Full Task List
The Season of Legends tasks are sorted into five sections, and you must complete all the tasks in one section to move on to the next one. The list below provides each section, their tasks, and the rewards.
- Section One
- Catch 10 Rock-type Pokémon | Reward: 10 PokéBalls
- Make 5 Great Throws | Reward: 10 Great Balls
- Transfer 10 Pokémon | Reward: 10 Pinap Berries
- Section Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1500 XP, Kabuto
- Section Two
- Catch 10 Ground-type Pokémon | Reward: 10 Hyper Potions
- Catch 5 Pokémon with Weather Boost | Reward: 1 Mossy Lure Module
- Take a snapshot of Landorus | Reward: 10 Landorus Candy
- Section Rewards: 500 Stardust, 2000 XP, Drilbur
- Section Three
- Catch 10 Flying-type Pokémon | Reward: 5 Max Revives
- Catch 5 Pokémon with Weather Boost | Reward: 1 Fast TM
- Take a snapshot of Tornadus | Reward: 10 Tornadus Candy
- Section Rewards: 500 Stardust, 2000 XP, Ducklett
- Section Four
- Catch 10 Electric-type Pokémon | Reward: 10 Ultra Balls
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost | Reward: 1 Charged TM
- Take a snapshot of Thundurus | Reward: 10 Thundurus Candy
- Section Rewards: 500 Stardust, 2000 XP, Joltik
- Section Five
- Claim 2000 XP (3x)
- Section Rewards: 5000 XP, Unova Stone, Munna
Once you've completed the tasks above, you'll have finished this questline for the Season of Legends. However, if it's anything like the other storylines, there will be more to come! Check back here for updates and guides for each task as we make them available.