Sylveon is finally making its debut in Pokémon Go, which is good news for many of the game's fans that have been waiting for their chance to get all of Eevee's different forms. However, like most of Eevee's evolutions, there will be a specific way to get Sylveon.
Having just been introduced to the game, there is currently no way to catch Sylveon. The only way to get Sylveon is to evolve an Eevee under the right conditions. To do this, first you must get your Eevee via catching or hatching it from an egg. When you do that, you must set it as your Adventure Buddy and earn 70 hearts with it. This might seem like a long and arduous process, but it's much simpler than it sounds.
The following list details how you can earn hearts with Eevee once you have set one as your Adventure Buddy.
- Walk together: Earn one heart for every two kilometers you walk in a day. You can max out at three hearts a day with this method.
- Give buddy a treat: Max out your buddy's stamina bar by feeding it enough treats to earn one heart. You can max out at three hearts a day with this method.
- Play together: Play with your buddy by repeatedly petting it in AR mode. You can max out on one heart a day with this method.
- Battle together: Use your buddy in battles. We recommend doing this in the Battle League so your Eevee doesn't need to be revived or given potions. You can max out at three hearts a day with this method.
- Take a snapshot: While your buddy is in AR mode, press the camera button to take a snapshot. You can max out on one heart a day with this method.
- Visit a new place: Spin a PokéStop that you haven't spun before with Eevee as your buddy.
- Bonus: If your friendship level with Eevee is high enough, it will sometimes find treats for you to open. Open the treat to earn a heart. You can max out at one heart a day with this method.
You can get up to 13 hearts in one day, which means you can earn all 70 hearts necessary in under six days. Once you have earned 70 hearts with your Eevee, simply evolve it and it will become a Sylveon!
Congrats on getting your new Eevee! Remember, if you want more great information and guides, check out our Pokémon Go homepage for our latest content!