Sylveon is finally being released into the wild in Pokémon Go on May 25, 2021, which is exciting news for many of since who have been waiting to complete our Eeveelution roster for years. What's even better is that it's fairly simple to evolve an Eevee into Sylveon, and doesn't require any special items.
Per the official Pokémon Go Twitter, Sylveon can be obtained by evolving an Eevee after choosing one as your Adventure Buddy, and gaining hearts with it. You can see this Tweet below.
There is no word yet on how many hearts you need to get to evolve Eevee into a Sylveon, but we'll be sure to update this page when that information is released. In the mean-time, you can use the following guide to see how to earn hearts with Eevee and its Fairy evolution form.
- Walk with your buddy
- Your buddy earns a heart for every two kilometers walked. This measure speed and distance, so driving two kilometers doesn't work. You can gain up to three hearts a day this way.
- Battle with your buddy
- Every time your buddy participates in a battle (and deals at least one hit), it gains a heart. You can gain up to three hearts a day this way.
- Take a snapshot of your buddy
- Your buddy earns one heart a day when you take a snapshot of it while playing with it.
- Play with your buddy
- Your buddy earns one heart a day when you play with it. This can be done by having it in Play Mode and swiping your finger on it repeatedly.
- Give your buddy a treat
- Your buddy can earn up to three hearts a day by maxing out it's stamina with treats. We recommend waiting until the first two bars of stamina (out of six) are almost depleted. If you feed it treats too soon, it won't register the treat.
- Visit a new place
- Your buddy can ear up to one heart a day by spinning a new PokéStop that you haven't spun before.
That's all there is to know about getting Sylveon! Remember to get a three-star Eevee before May 25 to max out your Sylveon's potential!
Want to see how to counter Pokémon of each type? Check out our list of Ice Pokémon Weaknesses!