The Luminous Legends Y event is a sequel to the Luminous Legends X event currently underway in Pokémon Go. These events feature special Pokémon types, themes, and raids. Best of all, they're introducing new Pokémon that haven't been released into the wild! Luminous Legends Y starts on May 18, 2021 and introduces the long awaited Sylveon to Eevee's evolution roster. Here is what we know about the event so far.
As mentioned above, Sylveon is finally going to make her debut in Pokémon Go, but is only obtainable by evolving an Eevee a specific way. Once introduced, you can raise your heart level with Eevee as your adventure buddy, then evolve her into a Sylveon. Sylveon is a Fairy-type Pokémon, so we can expect her to be strong against Fighting, Dragon, and Dark Pokémon, but weak against Poison and Steel.
Yveltal is also making its first appearance, which is no surprise considering its Pokémon X & Y counterpart, Xerneas, was released in early May. Yveltal is a Dark/Flying Pokémon, so expect a lot of weaknesses like Electric, Fairy, Ice, and Rock. Yveltal is strong against Ground, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, and Grass Pokémon.
Pancham will also come to Pokémon Go, accessible by hatching Strange Eggs. Strange eggs require you to walk 12km to hatch them, and will hatch a random Pokémon from a roster. Unfortunately, this means it won't always be Pancham. Still, the more eggs you hatch, the more likely it is you'll find this panda Pokémon!
Luminous Legends Y will spread across multiple weeks, with each week containing new contain and changes to the game. Here is what we know about Part 1.
- Part 1 runs from May 18, 2021 at 10 am to May 24, 2021 at 8 pm.
- Dark-type Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy will continue to appear frequently in the wild.
- Completing Team GO Rocket Timed Research before the event concludes causes encounters with Dark-type Pokémon like Galarian Zigzagoon.
- 7km Eggs will hatch: Alolan Rattata, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Poochyena, Purrloin, Sneasel, or Stunky.
- Dark-type Pokémon, like Alolan Meowth and Yveltal, will appear in raids.
- Field Research Event tasks will cause encounters with Dark-type Pokémon.
- AR Mapping Event tasks will lead to encounters with Galarian Zigzagoon!
- Shadow Pokémon forget the Charged Attack Frustration using a Charged TM.
After the first week, Luminous Legends Part 2 will begin. Here is what we know about Part 2.
- Part 2 runs from May 25, 2021 at 10 am to May 31, 2021 at 8 pm.
- Sylveon will come to Pokémon Go for the first time this week!
- Eevee, Ralts, Spritzee, Swirlix, and others will continue to appear more often in the wild, along with several Dark-type Pokémon.
- 7 km Eggs will hatch: Azurill, Eevee, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Spritzee, Swirlix, or Togepi.
- Some of Eevee’s Evolutions will appear in three-star raids such as Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Umbreon.
- Field Research Event tasks will lead to encounters with Eevee and some of Eevee’s Evolutions.
- AR Mapping Event tasks will reward Poffins.
- Sylveon-inspired avatar items will be available in the shop.
That's all that officially been released by Niantic regarding this event. Be sure to check back often, as we're expecting updates as we get closer to the event!