If you are wondering if you can survive a bite in Project Zomboid, the answer is no. It used to be there was a small chance you could survive bites in the game.
But as the game was updated, bites were changed to have a 100 percent chance of infection. Because of this change, you will not survive if you get bitten by a zombie in Project Zomboid.
However, if you get scratched by a zombie, there is only a 25 percent chance of infection. You can also reduce the risk by immediately bandaging your wound and disinfecting it.
Besides this, the best way to prevent bites and any form of damage from zombies is to do the following:
- Avoid fighting more than one zombie.
- Wear layers of clothing that increase protection against bites and lacerations, scratches.
- Use stealth to sneak and scout areas before moving in.
- Use two-handed weapons to keep zombies from getting near you.
- Focus on pushing zombies on the ground to immobilize them and to get a clear shot at their head.
Overall, following our tips is the best way to not get bitten in Project Zomboid. But if you do get bitten, remember it is not the end, as you can always create a new character in your game world. Dying is also a part of the game, and you get a little better with each death.
For more guides on Project Zomboid, we at Pro Game Guides have you covered with an ever-expanding roster of guides!